1992 Orange Aluminium O. Finished again! Which tyres???

My purple USE post is no longer purple!!

Spent an hour and half sat in the sun this morning with a piece of 240 grit wet and dry and a bucket of water. Moved onto 400 grit, will move on to 600 grit tomorrow before polishing and buffing.

Not sure whether to leave it polished or have in anodised black or green.

I have picked up a Flite off the Bay and Broady is machining up a headset spacer for me.

So it's almost there. Will update with a picture when it's complete.

It's Finished!!!

USE Post now polished, Flite saddle fitted (although could do with finding a better one)

BikeApril2010025.jpg

BikeApril2010030.jpg

Not the best photo, but you can see where the cable to the rear mech is in contact with the seat-stay just by the 'O' of the Orange logo. Not sure what the solution is.

BikeApril2010036.jpg

BikeApril2010028-1.jpg

BikeApril2010027.jpg

BikeApril2010024.jpg

Is it finished??? Are they ever?? :LOL: Not sure whether to try and get the seatpost anodised black, find some better bars or may just get out and ride :roll: :roll:

Getting ithchy spanner fingers already :LOL: :idea:

Lovely!
That is sooo close to how my AluO was when I first built it.
USE post - black Flite - Manitou 1s - XT bits

Didn't have green WildGrippers originally - but it did have some green WG Sprint S on there for a while.

Tidy job!

With all that NOS i'd be scared to use it, well maybe on really dry days on smooth dusty tracks and only if I changed the tyres to something unimportant. :LOL:

Looks brilliant

As I feared this frame is a little small for me, so I have purchased a 19" 'O' from Ebay.

As can be seen from below the paint is quite tatty so I've just dropped it off at North West Enamellers to have it powder coated. They can't do the orange/white fade and couldn't find a grey close enough to this one. I settled on white.

bikejuly11001.jpg

Spanner fingers are getting itchy too....All the bits will be swapped over and no doubt the grey 17" frame will be up for sale shortly. On the look out for a decent 1 1/4 headset for reasonable money too.

It's back from the powder coaters and a damn fine job the've done too! Compare it to the picture above. Not bad for £60 (including £10 towards the national debt)

Bikeframe002.jpg

Just needs decals and I'd like to source a better headset too, in black (Black XT would be perfect)

Back