East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

hmm maybe 5 -10 mins late, need to adjust my front brake.

although i may be right on time as i'm not going all the way to ticknall lol.

Well, tried Ghetto tubeless and it works in principle, tyre goes up with a track pump, goo goes in on second inflation, seal works round split innertube...BUT...there are 20 or so small holes in the side wall of the tyre that are leaking air.

The process works :) my tyres don't :cry:

Anyway, great ride today, thanks for fixing my bike Ed, sorry about the tumble Phil :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and the royal wedding completely missed!

My tyres had plenty of holes in the sidewalls too! They should seal up. When I told Ben it went down overnight he said his did too, but then stayed up after reinflating. Mine seems to have done the same. Be persistent!

Thanks for the ride today - didn't avoid the wedding altogether as it was on (along with endless highlights) at the party I went to this afternoon...

today's route

2nu11ci.png

You lot seem to get fitter and faster each time we go out....
A good ride, which I made 19.1 miles and 1450 ft of climbing :D

See you on Tuesday.

BTW tyres have stayed up over night, so it takes a little while for the goo to work itself into all those holes in the sidewalls I never knew existed :shock:

Wiggled and shook. It had actually only dropped from 30 to 20 so not too bad. Trimmed it with nail scissors and it looks ok.

Latex was by Geax, £10 for 250ml from Decathlon.

Did 10 miles round the Pines today...so I hit 200 off road miles this month :)

Latest posts

Back