2006 orange five - advice please

i really don't want to take any pics :oops: .it's like having a rough looking bird that goes like the clappers,you don't want your mates to see her but you just can't say no to riding her every week :LOL:

:cry: pics to follow

that's a beauty alright brocklander.when you mention sending it back to orange does the £200 cover everything?stripping the frame down and blasting,refinishing in any colour i want and building it back up with new bearings and badges?
well,i know you're all dying to meet her so here she is.
plenty of miles under her belt and she's had plenty of hammer but still offers a good ride,plenty of bounce and not much leakage.a bit of lube and she's raring to go.
she's very sensitive so try to go easy on her,
gents i would like to introduce 'the slapper' :D

DSCN1410.jpg

Looks good to me mate, just needs a Thompson post. Think it's a 2005.

I believe you need to strip the bike + remove the decals before sending to Orange but they'll do the rest (strip paint etc). Will come back like a new frame with head badge, new bearings etc. I think you can choose any decals they have in stock..........................

Just checked the website and this is in the FAQ's

Can I get my Orange mountain bike re-sprayed?X

Yes, we offer a full re-spray service on all Orange mountain bikes. You can either contact us directly or make arrangements through your dealer.

Before sending your frame for re-spray, remove all over-lacquer decals. This minimises the time we have to spend preparing each frame and maximises efficiency. Package carefully and send to the factory (see contact page). Include a clear covering letter with all necessary contact information.

On receipt of your frame, we will strip the existing paint and prepare it for powder-coating. It will then be painted in the earliest allocated window for that particular colour, with standard colours painted more frequently. Fresh out of the oven we'll face and ream any excess paint, reassemble with new bearings, apply new decals and fit a metal headbadge. This is a fairly labour intensive programme, but when it's finished, it'll come back looking like brand new.

Expect a wait of two to three weeks depending on colour choice and schedule.

Hardtails (including decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £150
Full suspension (including pivot kit, decals and return postage in mainland UK) – £200

The sub5 is a very nice bike, I had one some years ago, but finally went for something with more travel. I regret selling it, I wish hand´t...

Attachments

• R-orange.jpg
    R-orange.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,919
thanks again for the info,definately looks like a 2005.
what size seatpost do i need? am on the lookout for a nice thompson,upgrade brakes and running gear and if there's anything left in the pot after respray some nice wheels.i know i'll be spending more than it's worth but i plan on keeping it for a while :D

thanks again,mick

My '06 and '07 were 27.2mm posts

99% sure your '05 will be too, I don't think they ever changed it until last year?

Back