New Project - Trek Fuel EX 8

So what's the verdict now we've had a little nice weather, have you had the chance to get some rides in?

Only had chance to pillage a little singletrack close to home so far. Rear mech adjuster to get the jockeys closer to the cassette is seized so cannot ride it seriously as it is jumping round gears at the moment. Front shifter hasn't arrived yet either so stuck in the middle front cog as well.

Once these issues are sorted I think this is going to be a very entertaining ride. This is my first trip into full suspension and I have to say I wish I had done it earlier as it just soaks up everything I have thrown at it so far. Increase in weight isn't really noticeable which is one thing that always worried me about going to full sus.

One thing that surprised me about the Nobby Nics is how low profile they are for a 2.25" tyre.

5807158801_26c8093d11_b.jpg

Stuck a new stem and bars on the beast and like it a lot. These are 730 wide and boy do they feel it. Shortening the stem slightly has also resulted in quicker handling. I think she might be a keeper...

Slight update to the Trek. Got some new forks as I needed the RC41 for the wifes bike. Ummed and Aahed for a long time as to what to go for and decided to go for some Rockshox Revelation RLT Ti as they are very configurable and as light as the Pace. Also wanted to try something bolt through as opposed to QR. Got some adpaters for my front hub off keitht on here and they were easy to fit thanks to advice from other members on here.

So I set the forks up as per the weight advice sticker on the forks but afer a quick blast last night found them a little hard. Changed them this morning before I set off for work by removing all the air from the negative chamber and then setting the sag at around 25% using air in the positive chamber. Once set I then pumped up the negative chamber with an extra 10psi over the positive and set off for work.

Ran over the cobbles down the back road on the way in and the forks just float over the cobbles nicely with virtually no feel at the grips. Fantastic. Only thing I don't like is the fact that they are white.

b614f9f5.jpg

Back