Can You Help Me ID My Amp Research MTB?

shyonelung

Retro Newbie
Greetings. I am trying to identify the exact model of my Amp Research. I bought it new in (I think) '98 though I'm possibly off a year either way. I am not trying to sell it but am in need of a rear shock dampener and I want to make sure I get the right part. I've tried to take good care of it but I guess some stuff wears out eventually.

This has all Deore LX components and mostly original parts, except for the seat, pedals, climbing and aerobars. I bought the wheels and slicks at the time of purchase and still have the original Mavics that came with it. It seems a lot rarer on my side of the Atlantic than on yours -- I am so pleased to see so many Amp fans here and the beautiful way you've maintained or restored your bikes. As sacrilegious as this sounds, I've basically turned mine into a road bike (though I do still take it on the dirt occasionally) and despite it's obviously limitations for said task, I'm still very much a fan of it. Unfortunately, I removed a lot of the original stickers and I'm not sure what model it is. Again, any help anyone here could give me would be greatly appreciated.

And if I missed a thread that identifies it, please accept my apologies and point me to it. Thanks again.

Since this is only my second post, I'll have to put the photos in the reply.

And here are some photos of it. I can supply more if anyone wants to see extra detail. Again, thank you. Now, I'm going to go back and look at all the cool bikes you guys have. :-D

c2dfec1f.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

9bfd38b8.jpg

7845a2b1.jpg

8f37a16a.jpg

Back