MAN Utd

Oh, before the Surrey/Man Utd fan jibes fly in - i'll add this:
chicbrodie1964.jpg

Thats my Poppa playing in goal in 1964 - He was actually signed by Citeh as understudy to the great Bert Trautman, but in a bizzare(?) twist of fate my Dad and the rest of my Mancunian family all saw sense & chose to support United.
I'm a Londoner owing to Poppa signing for Brentford and playing there for 9 years - so glory hunter is a tag i've never personally worried about, I remember the barren years well (with a few FAcup's thrown in).

Poppa used to tell me tales of the days when Citeh and United players all used to drink and even room together - united by sport, and gentleman alike.
Football is a filthy game these days, supported in the main by knuckle dragging neanderthals and run by crooks and fat cats, played by rich wimps. I just take solice in sitting back and watching United's continued dominance, and how much it winds you lot up.

Half of what you said was almost interesting the other half was complete B*******

al. :D

which half? the family ties or the cold hard truth of 11 titles? none of that was ''B*******'' pal, its all facts.

:cool:

I believe every word you say.

Just I can never remember ever talking to a red that wasn't full of p*** and biscuits.

We've even got one of your lot in our family. My sister married a red 18 years ago, spoke to the bloke on her wedding day and never really bothered since. I've heared he even wears a replica kit like children do,plum!

al.

oh come on, he wont be the only replica kit wearer in the country, if I had a pound for every Chelski doofus I saw in this area I could afford to buy out the Glaziers!

There is something extra specially naff about grown men wearing replica footie shirts though, agreed.

KeepItSteel":nnk8qvgr said:
There is something extra specially naff about grown
men wearing replica footie shirts though, agreed.
Oh, I dunno - I've got rather fetching Chinese and Tanzanian ones.

True enough, though, grown men in big cliches isn't really Earl Grey, is it.

Neil":27lg84hs said:
KeepItSteel":27lg84hs said:
There is something extra specially naff about grown
men wearing replica footie shirts though, agreed.
Oh, I dunno - I've got rather fetching Chinese and Tanzanian ones.

True enough, though, grown men in big cliches isn't really Earl Grey, is it.

Random countries or clubs is cricket, expecially if worn for 5-a-side etc.

I have a few very random rugby shirts that occassionally see the light of day - Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Ibiza etc..

al":2vygsg33 said:
Just I can never remember ever talking to a red that wasn't full of p*** and biscuits.

Hmm. Old Trafford corporate catering clearly ain't what it was compared to the Keane-era prawn sandwiches. ;)

David

KeepItSteel":35a32r9h said:
oh come on, he wont be the only replica kit wearer in the country, if I had a pound for every Chelski doofus I saw in this area I could afford to buy out the Glaziers!

There is something extra specially naff about grown men wearing replica footie shirts though, agreed.

Nothing naff about my 73' George Best replica! ;)

Back