Best specialized FSR

mikee":35w7qupm said:
the more simple single pivot bikes are easier to keep
as in a the afore mentioned cannondale
the generalizeds fsr/epics do seem to eat bushes tho
hence the better specced betd kit

True...........are there any other companies that make the linkage as I find BETD good but expensive, my linkage was £106 plus I had to buy THe reducers to fit the 99 frame at another cost of £16 a pair from BETD

the betd set up is the only one i have experience of
a mate fitted one to his 99 (i think ) fsr , my lbs owner was suprised
it had not been back due to wear or breakages ,especially as he was
a jumpy type rider , i think a lot broke and were warrantied at lbs
as far as i know the bikes still in one piece and still being thrashed
(he returned to wales about 5 years ago )

AFAIK BETD only do travel upgrades for models up to circa 2006. Shouldn't really be necessary for later ones.

dbmtb":38jo3alw said:
AFAIK BETD only do travel upgrades for models up to circa 2006. Shouldn't really be necessary for later ones.

Thats right my FSR went from 4" to 6" but it also stiffens the back end up much more than the original linkage Specialized put on them

Dangermouse":3k9cvw8b said:
dbmtb":3k9cvw8b said:

Thats right my FSR went from 4" to 6" but it also stiffens the back end up much more than the original linkage Specialized put on them

yup i think its that that prolongs the bush life
i think the one fitted to my mates bike gave 120 or 140 mm travel

Anyway back on track, FSRs are a joy to ride in standard guise especially the older ones pre 2001 and are a beautifull bike to look at at any vintage, the BETD linkage is this......

DSCF9100.jpg

made by BETD a company that also manufactures and sells the Goldec brand reducers so a guaranteed fit if you need them, I cant offer any help in choosing which FSR to go for as I have only ridden HT bikes before building my FSR so would keep watching for a post from someone ;) who has ridden old and new

i have ridden most of the demo fsr's my lbs had in the past 10
years

never found one i wanted to buy
did buy a carbon zaskar tho

If buying 2nd hand go for a pre-brain version. The 2005 ones are excellent ( I know I have one!) and can be had for between £450-600 for a complete bike. Try and find an S-Works frame if possible - M5 instead of M4 and slighlty better finished/lighter/cooler ;)

After 05/06 they started mucking around with the design too much and they weren't as good. IMHO anyway :LOL:

The BETD linkages are definitely worth it - adjustable travel (120-150mm in my case), better bushings, slightly raised BB, and a stiffer rear end.

Here's how to fit one:
http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/review-betd-linkage-on-a-stumpy

And here's mine now....

Back