Raleigh Record Sprint 501

Sprint501

Retro Newbie
First of all Hi to all this is my first post. My son was given a Raliegh Record sprint a couple of years ago to ride to work on for ' free'. I had a quick look but to honest did not pay it much attention. Its been in the garage and not used for a year or so. I decided last weekend to clean it up. It has been transformed and has had new handle bar tape and seat and is in very good condition. I did a 20 mile ride on it and was very impressed. I am now as possessed about this bike as I am my Jamis. I would like to restore it to like new condition and I wondered if anybody new where I could get hold of some new decals as a couple are scratched.
Was very pleased to stumble across this sight. :cool:

Hi Sprint501,
Welcome to the site - loads of info here, along with lots of stuff to drool over and just lose time with...

Decals - two usual sources are
1) on E-bay - Cyclemondo, based in Australia.
2) HLloydcycles.com (sorry, my computer is on go-slow, struggling to google the correct web address) who are based in Cumbria.

Good luck and do feel free to post some pics (before, during and after), hint, hint.

Regards,
David

Thanks David. Its in great condition post last weekend clean up. My sons got the bug back and he using it for a 20 mile cycle to work journey and loving it. I will post later on. It my intention to restore it as best I can. Hes going to ride it in
the Liverpool - Chester sportive in July.

Paul

Is it in the John Player Special-tastic black and gold colours? I absolutely love that colour scheme. Stick some pictures up! :D

A couple of snaps of the Record sprint

007.jpg

004.jpg

Back