Coolwall April 2011 - Cannondale

Collwall April 2011 - Cannondale

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Uncool.

Beasts, and SMs with 24 inch rear wheels are cool, but the Killer V, Super V and Raven are finalists for the three ugliest, most pointless bicycles the residents of our fine planet have ever known.

Total Garbage.

Poorly constructed and engineered on the cheap. Made Trek Y frames seem like a good idea.

Sorry, but the Killer was a Zaskar rip-off with the tubes in all the wrong places, and the Supers, Ravens and their ilk were functional garbage. The only reason to own a Raven today is the freak-factor of having such a wonky design in your quiver. The rest are eBay fodder after they're stripped for parts.

"Poorly constructed and engineered"

"Killer with the tubes in all the wrong places"

Supers, Ravens and their ilk were functional garbage"

Honestly i cannot do anything else then let your statements shine again on their own.

The idea that killer has tubes in all the wrong places indeed has to come from a GT fan. ..Makes actually perfect sense :LOL:

CAPIN":2o3eqx0e said:
"Poorly constructed and engineered"

"Killer with the tubes in all the wrong places"

Supers, Ravens and their ilk were functional garbage"

Honestly i cannot do anything else then let your statements shine again on their own.

The idea that killer has tubes in all the wrong places indeed has to come from a GT fan. ..Makes actually perfect sense :LOL:

Not much of a hardcore GT fan either. They're kinda neat, but mostly they come cheap and I'm a slut for cheap old bikes.

Sorry for my sarcasm, but i just couldnt believe you ment it seriously.
I can see one doesnt like how killerV design looks, but from structural, functional, ergonomical point of view i would go as far as to say that is probably best way how to make front triangle. MANY of the big companies did it and ARE DOING it till now!!. Its has many advantages..

These i had on the top of my head and there are more less known brands om sure:

Attachments

• KILLERS.jpg
    KILLERS.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 777
You mean show a total copy of cannondale killer V ? :roll:

i really dont have to. point has been made.

Wether you build hardtail of FS frame, there is really No diference in approach when it comes to front triangle.
It needs to be stiff and strong. Killers triangulation does that.
Very low standover clearence is a also big plus no matter what bike.

edit: Because its used so much in fs frames just shows how strong that geometry is. in addition to standard forces it also handles nicely additional ones from shock.

CAPIN":2bneiyh2 said:
You mean show a total copy of cannondale killer V ? :roll:

i really dont have to. point has been made.

Wether you build hardtail of FS frame, there is really No diference in approach when it comes to front triangle.
It needs to be stiff and strong. Killers triangulation does that.
Very low standover clearence is a also big plus no matter what bike.

edit: Because its used so much in fs frames just shows how strong that geometry is. in addition to standard forces it also handles nicely additional ones from shock.

Yes, but it makes sense as part of a suspension frame. As a hardtail, it's just like GT's triple triangle; a gimmick. It sells a bike through being different, there's no point pretending otherwise.

Which is why Cannondale (as a brand, remember) are not cool to me - the company is an exercise in marketing above all else.

Latest posts

Back