Help & Advice - Answer Manitous

Slim, thanks for the info (pics not working by the way)
The ones I am really interested in are the 2s, do you know how easy it is to get spares / elastomers for the sports and the 2s?
What are those last ones you pictured?

the last ones are the manitou comp

spares are like any other retro part , just wait and be lucky

only option is to buy extra pair for spares :shock:

elastomers do come up on e bay in germany and the us , but very rarely over here

the company that i can get the elastomers for the proflex do a similar sized part as answer used for the manitous , dont have any prices for those

So who is it you use? I just won some nice Manitou 2s from ebay.de - Classic schoolboy error - they don't take paypal!!!
I spent best part of an hour figuring out how to get the guys bank account details. Now this morning I reckon my bank is going to want about £25 to wire the euros - OUCH!
These should retro-fit my kona instantly though so I am really looking forward to getting them. I always wanted a pair of these when I was a spotty teenager! At last!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
just found a pic of the internals of the manitou 2 ............

looks like you will need a long allen key ...........

Attachments

• 52_1_b.jpg
    52_1_b.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,861
You do need a special allen tool for the Manitou 2's. The old importers of Manitou's have loads of NOS bits for them - including elastomers - i'll dig their details out - I got some bits from them recently.

i'm selling a Manitou FS which has Manitou 2's on it at the moment on ebay - it has the tool, spare elastomers and the original Manitou 2 handbook with it. Not that you'd buy it just to get them !!

oh dear....it was CVI and I think someone said earlier in the thread that they have closed. Just in case, the number I have is 01405 760030. 2 elastomer kits and some washers for the Manitou 2 was £35.

Back