SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

Only through lack of funds to buy a full sus.Had the chance 6 months ago by didnt take it up,then that big hit :(
One day i'll get a full sus and be bouncing down the hills :D

But as of the weekend expect me to be at the back :LOL: :oops: :LOL:

Idrigill Loop:

idrigill1244x1343.jpg

Possible start points Orbost, Glendale or anywhere in between. One route also suggests starting at Dunvegan...

Loop = 25.6 miles, no elevation data, something wrong with bikehike...

Possible alternate off-road routes in orange, not sure if they are viable or not, just saw them on the map!

Nice one, 26 miles just about right to get tired but not exhausted. Can't wait :D Heard a lot about landscapes, camera is must have priority for me.

Can I join you guys

Hi Guys
Please read the quote below which is what I just posted on the SSEC2011 thread and sent to Bruno.
With this in mind would anybody have any objections to me joining you guys on the weekend?
It still depends on a couple of things but should be fine. I would of course be riding my 1X1 as I may not be in Belgium but I am at least single speeding.
If nobody objects to the late inclusion could somebody tell me where and when as it will save me trawling through all these pages as I have been through quite a few and still cant work out which loop you have decided to do. They are all fine for me, or as fine as they can be for a singlespeed ;)
I am on Skye a bit for work so can find my way round OK.
Cheers
Jamie

Hi Guys
I am afraid I am going to have to pull out of SSEC2011 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My sons passport didnt arrive and unfortunately I have a funeral to attend
tomorrow. I probably could have still raced overnight to Folkstone and got the early morning eurostar and arrived in time to race, but its still a long way from just outside JoG's.
I also thought it was a bit selfish of me to spend the families holiday money on what now would just be a long weekend for me, as the costs are the same whether its all of us or just me.
I am really gutted as this was the main race for me this year and would have given up going to the worlds in Ireland for this, but now ireland will be the focus for later in the year. My 1x1 was finally together and sorted as well, oh well, can always be worse I suppose. :roll:
Maybe I will join the macretro's in Skye on the weekend. On the 1x1 of course.

No problem, it will be good to see you Jamie, Meeting at the sligachen campsite - most of us arriving late-ish friday night for the saturday ride, a run on sunday too but we haven't settled on which one though.

When will you arrive?

P.S. any chance you could bring that wee spesh frame if you still want rid of it?

Shame about the SS I know how much it means to you.

That's a right bummer, but Belgium's loss is our gain Jamie, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Maps printed TK (although no spiffy laminated option, just a freezer bag), got your address and directions printed too.

Back