When you see other members................

mk1Matt":1tlu0d7k said:
To be honest I'm more jealous of the people with the time and the level of fitness to go out biking. I've only just started riding again and it's only to work. I currently wouldn't dream of going out on an actual trail - it would kill me.

I'm actually reasonably content with my bike, so I don't get jealous of other people's rides. Anything better would be wasted on me at the moment.
Don't put your self down. Their always some one fitter and quicker. Plus a year of riding to work will make all the difference. I've only been doing since March and already feel much better & a bit fitter.

Void(EN12-82)":2o45s94l said:
Same with a GT Zaskar (LE). It's on my wishlist, but it has to be one of the 1991/1992 models and ball-burnished. So when I see someone with a blue ano or purple any Zaskar, sure I think "nice bike", but also "now it it had been a ball-burnished one..." :oops:

I must get round to putting some pics of mine up here soon.... Its exactly what you're looking for :)

Russell":2lubbmun said:
Void(EN12-82)":2lubbmun said:
Same with a GT Zaskar (LE). It's on my wishlist, but it has to be one of the 1991/1992 models and ball-burnished. So when I see someone with a blue ano or purple any Zaskar, sure I think "nice bike", but also "now it it had been a ball-burnished one..." :oops:

I must get round to putting some pics of mine up here soon.... Its exactly what you're looking for :)

Hmm... you wanna wait until I have some funds freed up then? Otherwise I won't be able to take it off you, of course ;-)

Certainly depends on the seller and if they are del boy type of seller or 'i know you want this' so pay up type

When word gets out that some body is looking for a certain part then i found the sellers come running and the prices go up.

Russell":2utv234j said:
Void(EN12-82)":2utv234j said:

Sorry, but a Zaskar LE just HAS to be Ink Blue. :cool: (I'll never get bored of saying that :LOL: )

(Which kind of proves your point really :D )

ameybrook":3hfs8i8l said:
Ah yes... fellow forum members bikes i'd like to own... dont know anything of the sort :roll:

::Cough::

yo1_169.jpg

step away slowly from the small medium yo eddy. nice and easy...

This was a common thing I found with classic cars.

TBH I was always more impressed with the really tastefully done up BMW 316 E21 that some guy put together with love, care and a very small budget than a dude with a Alpina 850CSi. I always felt that the guy with the E21 had his heart in it more.

Nothing wrong with nice bikes, christ I own a Pace with full M900, but I would love to see a 1991 Orange Clockwork with full pre black LX or something like that.

retrobikeguy":y8s43eiv said:
........................hareem of bikes, do you look at your own collection think, jammie b*st*rd - why can't I own summat like that :?

Am I just ungrateful for what I do own :?:

I'm almost with you here - I admire some bikes/collections without the slightest desire to own them myself! That said, if you see a photo of something that you like it is doubly bad visiting someones cellar or shed which always leaves me thinking "must get this/that, must step up my game".

A counterpoint is when someone visits your shed and gives your bikes the love (not physically you understand).

At the risk of sounding like a prat (and then going ahead anyway), let's all appreciate the bikes we have at least as much as those we don't. Now, must just look for that steel Stumpjumper some more....

I enjoy looking at the pictures posted on here of bikes I couldn't possibly afford.....commuting to and from work on my bargain Breezer put a big smile on my face today though.....priceless :D

One of my favourite bikes has to be Messiahs Explosif, love the story behind it and the well loved look of it!

Stu

Back