valuation of better/rare well used bikes?

THWANG-666":6mq56ut9 said:
i would buy it i,m a sucker for cool bikes

i know the feeling. so how much would you pay for it? one of the things ive heard about this auction is that people get into a frenzy and overpay. some of the LBS guys come too and buy parts bikes or stuff to resell and often bid up the prices.

jsut about everything else there is low end. alivo. accera. many wal-mart bikes. there are two cannondales as well. also low end. m300. not sure what will happen, but with such a small selection of decent bikes, the alien could attract all the attention. will be intersting.

Weps,

I'd feel good paying 60 bucks for the Alien. Plan on another 100 bucks for a good beadblasting and powder coat and with a little elbow grease for the parts you'll have a beautiful new steel ride.

I personally am never afraid of a well used frame...more good karma than one that's never known sweat, dirt and smiles :D

cheers,

rody

rody,

I'm pretty sure you've heard of it , maybe even been to it- penn state.

...just about to start actually. good crowd milling about.

OOOOH! Home of the Creamery, the original mail order instructors for Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. Ate ALOT of Death by Chocolate Ice Cream in my short time there.

Good luck on the auction, hope you get the Alien for a steel (pun intended :D )

rody

well, i guess i owe you guys a round of drinks..or something. $40.00 out the door. and was one of the first 10 bikes or so auctioned so i didnt even have to sit there all afternoon. :eek:

...and to think just a few bikes before, they bid a mid 90s cannondale m300 over $300.00.

needless to say, i took my bike and left quickly. was cold and rainy and i already had the steel of the day. :cool:

Nice work! :cool:

What are you gonna do with it...put on simular bits as it has or upgrade to XT?

Rich

Back