Project: Snowflake Wheel Build (step-by-step)

:cool: :cool: :cool: excellent thread ,I always wondered how? cheers for a very interesting read , now i know how to true my front wheel ;) .

bof":2h7p26og said:
I like that a lot , is the spoke length exactly the same ?

As per the original post:

...There's no 'formula' as such other than finding out what length spokes you'd need to build a 3-cross wheel with your chosen rim/hub/spoke nipple combination and then adding 4-5mm...

when i did mine i just made an educated guess...i also put the twist nearer the rim so the point of stress was nearly halfway...i think it makes the builod more stable...the wheel never once went out of true...the front was a snowflake with the rear drive side a radial and non drive side was snowflake.......oh it looked good...

I can do wheelbuilding me!! (said in the style of Brainiac). :D

Sunday evening, few hours free, feeling festive I Googled "Snowflake pattern" and this thread popped up :). A few hours later I have rebuilt my front wheel into the snowflake pattern, will see how it rides tomorrow but many thanks for the pictorial how-to!

gibbleking":145v7cu0 said:
when i did mine i just made an educated guess...i also put the twist nearer the rim so the point of stress was nearly halfway...i think it makes the builod more stable...the wheel never once went out of true...the front was a snowflake with the rear drive side a radial and non drive side was snowflake.......oh it looked good...

Was thinking that this build put the twist a lot closer to the rim than any I've seen before (which I think looks a bit cooler). Radial on the driveside though? Surely that's a big no no?! :?

Latest posts

Back