'95 Marin Team Titanium

Andy B

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
..My latest build

Only got the frame this evening, managed to fit a few parts, still waiting on other parts to arrive!

No pics yet :p

Ooohh I am a tease :LOL:

feetabix":3patqjuo said:
Excited!......oooh, I could jump off a dolls house!......
:LOL:

In between jumping off dolls houses and crushing grapes, I managed to find the time to actually build the bike, so once I've scrubbed my greasy paw prints off it I shall be posting pics ;)

For those who are interested in all that weight weenie stuff, it weighs under 22lbs/10kg :)

Anyhoo, back to scrubbing up....

Spec list

1995 Marin Team Titanium 19" c-t
2010 RockShox Sid Race
Superstar GTO headset
Hope 90mm stem
X lite XC2 riser bar
Superstar custom grips
XT M739 brake levers and V brakes
Sram X9 shifter and rear mech
XT M770 9 speed 11-32t cassette
White Industries cranks
Specialities TA chainring (outer will be removed when single speed SRP purple bolts turn up)
KMC X9 chain
Shimano BB
Thomson Elite seatpost
WTB Rocket V SLT saddle
X lite seatpost bolt
Hope Ti Glide hubs
Mavic 231CD rims
DT double butted spokes & brass nipples
Charge Splashback tyres
Schwalbe AV14 lightweight tubes
Shimano XT SPD pedals

Weight 21.76lbs

Built up as a modern version of a Team Ti, with a fair bit of modern kit, it won't be to everyone's taste, but I build bikes the way I like 'em ;)

Decided to go 1x9 speed as it's pretty flat round here

I do have the original wheelset for this bike as it would be a shame to split them from the bike, but as I already had the Hope wheelset I used those for this build

Can't believe how light it is, I didn't even try to go all weight weenie on it at all!

Should be a right blast on the trails, so far it's only been to work and back on the road.

Springy & nippy are two words that spring to mind!

Big thanks to Beavis for dealing with all the questions & doing the deal in the middle of a service station car park!

Also thanks to Brocklanders023 (I think it was you!) for letting me know it was coming up for sale.

Hope some of you Retrobikers like it, I do :cool:

FluffyChicken":3rghoxp1 said:
And i'll be able to give you a ride report soon :LOL:, he'll never know I've switched it with a Bear Valley ;)
:LOL: you're welcome to have a go!

Although I might just notice if you do try a swap ;)

azaro":2b0x3kvr said:
Would look good with a set of NOS Ritchey rigid forks, with immaculate "Team" logos! ;)
It would look good, but I wouldn't be able to ride it due to my arthritic back :(

Latest posts

Back