Raleigh Dyna-Tech 700 1990

I bought it from a trader in Haarlem. That must have been somewhere in summer 2008 on a warm sunny day. He had rented a garage in a neighbourhood were a lot immigrants are living for the bizz he was in: buying and selling little kids bikes through our largest classified site. I very well remember when I arrived there. I had to make an appointment in advance: Saturday 3pm. On 3pm more people arrived and somewhat later the trader by car. The local kids crowded the parking lot in front of the garage. He opened the door and excited kids ran allover the place. Trying bikes. Parents counting money. When all was over it was my turn.

For some kind of reason he got his hands on 3 roadbikes: 2 wrecks and this very lush mint Raleigh. Possibly as part of a lot. He had absolutely no idea of or interest in roadbikes and he wanted to get rid of them asap. I were happy to take this Raleigh from his hands. He hoped I would also take the two wrecks, but I couldn't be tempted.

Neil, isn't there sticker from a shop present on the frame??

Yep, Fignon - note slacker footwear...

Did the 53 mile Pendle Vintage Velo malarkey on Sunday morning - arrived late and set off 20 minutes after the start but managed to catch a few by the end. Tis quite hilly north of Manchester (as my knees were trying to tell me)... The Nick was not as fearsome as my 100 Climbs guide suggested, thankfully - certainly not harder than Hartside or the Cat and Fiddle come to think of it. Chose to ride the Dyna Tech in the end, complete with a Castorama trade top - a comfortable ride it was too. More sportifs beckon now I've broken my cherry...

Attachments

• Pendle Vintage Velo Easter Sunday 2011.jpg
    Pendle Vintage Velo Easter Sunday 2011.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 4,741
Nice ensemble for something is (was?) not really into roadbikes. Good to hear you enjoyed to ride. A promissing career is ahead of you Neil.

mrkawasaki":muwmd7sg said:
http://www.cyclesportphotos.com/section483233_416733.html#photos_id=7698955

... doing all the work... :roll:

Looking like a pro and Retro too. Judging by the happy smiling faces of your wheel suckers you were being way too soft with them.

mrkawasaki":39wmq392 said:
http://www.cyclesportphotos.com/section483233_416733.html#photos_id=7698955

... doing all the work... :roll:

Great pic, keep meaning to pop up and do this ride on my old training grounds. who let the numpty on the baggys out on a road bike. ?

Wanted Raleigh Dyna Tech 8325

Hi - just wondered if anyone has a Raleigh Dyna Tech 8325 for sale? It would need to be 60 or 62cm. I have a Holdsworth 531c I might part-exchange.....

Cheers, Darren

Back