New Pace.....Reynolds.....yumyum

I do really like it,....BUT...for this kinda money, i would "Expect" something better than a plastic cable tie holding the rear gear cable to the frame.... :cry:

graham1975":2usw9oze said:
Looks stunning, seen it for a while now love the colour.

Yep - it's the colour that makes it so attractive, the dark blue version doesn't look nearly as good.
Everything looks cool in "Platsa Blue"...... :cool:

Attachments

• Platsa-Blue-SS-1.jpg
    Platsa-Blue-SS-1.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 1,083
sinnerman":2myd9gdj said:
i would "Expect" something better than a plastic cable tie holding the rear gear cable to the frame.... :cry:

Eh? You want internal cable routing, on a frame that is likely to be run as single speed?

They had to do the full cable outer solution to make it possible to run derailler as well as Alfine type gears. Don't see how they could have done it any other way TBH....

£600 gives you a lot of choice when it comes to hardtails these days. I'm not sure the Pace justifies its price.

dbmtb":2if8qpwg said:
sinnerman":2if8qpwg said:
i would "Expect" something better than a plastic cable tie holding the rear gear cable to the frame.... :cry:

Eh? You want internal cable routing, on a frame that is likely to be run as single speed?

They had to do the full cable outer solution to make it possible to run derailler as well as Alfine type gears. Don't see how they could have done it any other way TBH....

......lol, perhaps thats the problem now.....!!!! trying to be to much to too many....., (and im a fan of pace then and now.)

Im not interested in whether or not its going to be single speed or geared, im sure that a better soloution could have been found... on a frame at this price, other than a cable tie??????, especially from a company with the engineering background that pace has......? after all they did bring us......iconic british bikes like the rc200 etc.

Attachments

• GW603H378.jpg
    GW603H378.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 696
dbmtb":33pa5n9v said:
It's not cable ties, it's fancy modern plastic clips as used for hydraulic brake hose :LOL:

Ah thats all good then.......ill take two.... ;)

dbmtb":o0szvubs said:
It's not cable ties, it's fancy modern plastic clips as used for hydraulic brake hose :LOL:

Well, I don't bother to use the plastic clips - I use cable ties. (doesn't everyone?)
They do a better job......

Andy R":ghy2jcj0 said:
Well, I don't bother to use the plastic clips - I use cable ties. (doesn't everyone?)
They do a better job......

This one could run and run....

(Goes to get popcorn and deckchair.)

Back