Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Having seen and briefly ridden Kaya's circa 1985 Kili Flyer at the weekend, I can only say that it is a fantastic bike, both in looks and handling. Very well mannered and stable feel to it and reasonably lacking in weight all things considered.
The brakes were a bit vague though. I reckon some modern pads swapped onto it for riding wouldn't go amiss. The original pads can go back on for photos...

That 1990 Tufftrax Comp looks ace too.

dendy":5a12059b said:
really liking the look of kayas kili. would love a ride on it.

You only have to ask ;)

P.s It rides like a dream, did the 28 mile Three Tribes meet on it at weekend :cool:

Tufftrax comp looks brilliant, do you have a build thread ? , I spy GT forks ;)

Vern, yours looks spot on it's good to see it being ridden, I hope it was airborne and crossed up on the three tribes :cool: :LOL:

Many thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, I will do a build thread soon and yep they are GT forks! They are 390mm AtoC length which suit the geometry and the only correct length forks I currently have in my possession. Some of you keen Saracen spotters may recognise the frame from a previous owner on here, a certain Dr S, of whom I bought the frame from a couple of years ago. What with other builds, DIY and kids I had never found the time to build this frame up until this past weekend. I do love the late 80's and early 90's Saracens having owned a couple BITD. My first was a 1989 blue Tufftrax which I sold in 1992 to fund a 1992 Saracen Limited Edition which was unfortunately stolen in late 1992. I do recall a friend of mine bought a Tufftrax Comp in 1990. It was a rather nice looking bike I recall which prompted my nostalgic purchase from Dr S. The frame does feel nice to ride you'll be pleased to hear.

kaya":n40ymz6v said:
dendy":n40ymz6v said:
really liking the look of kayas kili. would love a ride on it.

You only have to ask ;)

P.s It rides like a dream, did the 28 mile Three Tribes meet on it at weekend :cool:

Nice one Kaya. No doubt we will meet up one day. :D

Missed the tufftrax comp and have to say that is ace too.

I have another Saracen to mess with ;) Pics later :D

More cracking Saracens... i do like the Tufftrax Comp, familiar looking frame decals!
Not really ridden my Tufftrax since the Rivington ride... i think it was on that ride that I realised that it felt just a bit too cramped for me.

my latest addition

P1140637.jpg

with stablemates :LOL:

P1140573.jpg

P1140556.jpg

P1140578.jpg

more pics here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1104376#1104376

Back