'93 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

Nice bike, very nice.

I must admit that I wish I had paid more attention to these things BITD.

I remeber liking Kleins for example because of the massive headtube and the Brit stuff because it was there to be see. But in grainy magazine shots bikes like this and the Fats never seemed to come alive for me, and that is a pity becauce they are so tasteful, discreet, elegant and damn beautiful that I am really pleased the RB is here to let me discover them for the first time.

I saw a Salsa recently in a dark red (cherry black metallic kind of thing) and was blown away by it, did not even look at the Merlin Cyrene next to it!

Custom steel is where it is at, you do not own a bike, you are the custodian of art! :D

According to its first owner this frame had never been ridden...well it has now. My first ride on it at the 3 Tribes ride in the Peaks yesterday and it performed faultlessly, unlike its owner :LOL:

P1020461.jpg

P1020463.jpg

mr_ship":27i4nlsa said:
According to its first owner this frame had never been ridden...well it has now. My first ride on it at the 3 Tribes ride in the Peaks yesterday and it performed faultlessly, unlike its owner :LOL:

Good to read/see you are riding that beauty. So many lovely bikes like yours end up just sitting there just being looked at. Crying out to be ridden as the designer wanted.
:D

ededwards":2lhqyb5f said:
Class.

Bring that to MM and you (or at least the bike) will get some serious love.

It'll certainly be doing a lap at MM Ed. Rides lovely.

well done on the build, again. Between the ARC and this, and the Fats, your collection has some serious diversity. :cool:

mr_ship":ukun5od2 said:
My first ride on it at the 3 Tribes ride in the Peaks yesterday and it performed faultlessly

Thanks for the pictures.

I always enjoy seeing Russ Pickett's work. As close to pure art as you can get on a mountain bike.

Really nice, and very tasteful build. Enjoy many more rides on it!

A few pics from yesterday. Very muddy. The Goat now needs a new decal and some grips!!

P1020646.jpg

P1020647.jpg

P1020650.jpg

Back