SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

Looks like we're camping in Sligachen too.Makes it easier for starting off. :D

Whats the total length of the trip,and average time its likely to take :?

I am very envious.

AND if anyone fancies a LEJoG, last week of July, first week of August looks good... or May 14-28 (which is quite soon- spontaneity!!!).

Rob, you know you want to...

I just changed the brake blocks today on the Galaxy Im gonna post
a photo or two tomorrow I'd like your thoughts on the brake blocks :?

damn it, jealous of your impending adventure! actually wish I wasn't going to spain this weekend

the quirang is short, the last bit of the climb is steep and narrow, may be an idea to park at the cemetery, climb up, and go along the singletrack down to floodgarry and back. the single track is very narrow going across a steep hill, so steep it'll catch pedals in places, lots of good fooling about at the prison and needle. a chance for a stop and some scrambling up onto these structures

the Idrigill loop is pretty rewarding and a good distance, this time of year the heather will be small and the ground is dry, gets boggy when the wet weather arrives in june & july. if you have a few cars, you can shorten it by cutting out/down the singletrack road, leaving a car at orbost and setting off from glendale or perhaps ramasaig where the road ends and the track starts. once you get up the hill at lorgill until you go into the forest track idrigill you'll feel like your riding on the edge of the world (except sigh of the outer isles across the minch). my family home is on the route, above the road at the old red phone box in colbost.

say hello to mcleods maidens for me if you make it... the black beach at orbost is good for a swim if the sun has it's hat on

gla

:) :LOL: :)

Ok so what bikes and set up are you all taking?

I'm on the Xizang, rigid at the moment, might consider Mag 21 bounce but that means more work I don't have time for.

Im on my Ti,more or less the same as last meet but with a 1x9 set up added.Still the same rigid forks and wildgrippers :LOL: Maybe fit the onza reissues for all the difference it will make :?

*note to self-Bring a larger first aid kit :LOL:

Back