How to package tyres for posting?

JohnH

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'd like to put some tyres with a wire bead up for sale, but I'm not sure how I should package them to send to a buyer.

Would I have to construct a very narrow 26 inch by 26 inch box? Or could I get away with a tough plastic bag made from strong polythene?

How does everyone else do this? :?

i have recived them both ways tbh
and usually there folded in half by way of twisting the top and bottom in opposite directions to make a figure 8 sort of shape then put in a strong bag :cool:

The last wire bead tyres I sent were in a builders polythene bag.

Arrived fine.

Folding tyres easily go in a jiffy bag.

:cool:

As said ^^ fold them in to a figure of 8 shape. Had many delivered like this with no problems.

The figure of eight fold method also helps the receiver with un-packing them. Snip the right bit of tape and they're like a "self pitching tent" - gave my cat one hell of a surprise. :D

or just tape the 2 together in a big loop, ive sent them that way, just work your way round with the parcel tape, so they are completely covered.

Thanks for all of the responses, fellas. Now that puzzle's been solved, I can get going with some "For Sale" ads... :)

mattbrown":3ujz3ymg said:
or just tape the 2 together in a big loop, ive sent them that way, just work your way round with the parcel tape, so they are completely covered.
That one did occur to me, but I just imagined that the buyer might take a Stanley knife to the tape and slice thru the tyres... :(

Back