1997 Proflex 957 resto/build thread - FINISHED! wooo

Cheers - Paint was done last year and is by no means perfect. And yeah, been baking for all of Easter. Kind of wanted to be down by the sea, but the town (Exmouth) is bloody full of damned tourists! :LOL:

It's coming along nicely, the decals really set off the black frame. I've been looking at getting some Pace RC36 forks for my Proflex too whilst I refurb the Girvin Crosslinks that are on it, let us know how you find those forks on the Proflex.

btw: what's the car in the background? 200SX? or MR2?

Yes, was an old skool mk3 Supra turbo - Went well but very unreliable. My Skoda is quicker anyway lol.

I don't even live where the first few photos were taken which shows how long ago it was I started this project.....

I also like the decals on the black frame. I sometimes can't help thinking how much better it would be with a restored polished ally frame, and the carbon forks somehow refurbed, but then thats not me. I have to create something unique really (shows in the car I have built up too)

Cool looking good, will have to pop and see this once built up :cool: :cool:

Yeah is crazy in Exmouth at moment :roll: :roll:

Grips needed next. Any recommendations for something decent that won't leave damned black rubber marks all over my hands like the last set did.... :LOL:

They'd be excellent if not red - Not much in keeping with my bike I don't think? I reckon I want something black, maybe dark grey. Needs to complement a black metallic theme.

The shocker is off to Mick Gardner Racing tomorrow for refurb and hopefully will be collecting a pair of wheels from Zummerzet on Sunday.

Yeah sorry - link was for the type not the colour. Ules are great - black are easily available on ebay or try a wanted ad on here.

Well, repairing the shocker has set me back £80 + VAT :shock: but at least I know it will be like new. The R&R on this bike is starting to cost me as much as probably buying a complete good example off Ebay would have, LOL. Hope its worth it in the end! Once the shocker is installed, all thats left really is replacement headset (got here ready to fit) then gears & brakes.

Back