The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sylus":zj7ea5hv said:
Just given them a quick clean and no more, but time to go..price from the experienced would be good and year also would be great

Muddy fox courier comp first..all standard..needs new front brake cable and hanger..cromo frame does have quite a few stone chips/scrapes and some surface rust on those but has no dents dings or cracks 18.5 inch..wheels okay but if you want perfect then a true will be beneficial, seat has side rips. exage 500lx f & r mech, exage 400lx chainset, stis shifters all work okay but a fine fettle will help

scott peak all standard..usual u brake rear with 200gs mechs/rings, 4130 tubing, tyres are okay but i suspect will benefit from being replaced soon, wheels slight true needed, seat tears, again cromo frame stone quite a few chips/scrapes with surface rust but no cracks, dents or dings, some spokes rusty but surface only and still tight and working, gears and brakes could do with some fine tuning but work okay
18.5 inch

diamondback sorrento..all standard bar the seat, altus everything, cromo frame, weinman wheels like the other two with scrapes/stone chips with minor surface rust, wheels again the slightest of trues need to be perfect, and gears and brakes very minor adjustment to be spot on, seat tears..20 inch frame..been using this for two weeks to ride to work and back and works okay

the pictures make them look quite new..they are not..just a good camera :LOL: I was thinking of throwing all three together for pick up..not sure though..any price opinions would be appreciated

Look like commuter fodder to me £50-£75 each. Do yourself a favour, if things like brakes and gears only need fine tuning, invest the five minutes to do it.

Fat chance ti/ Gt sts / Intense M1 value.

Hey all.
New to this site. It was recommended to me by a local bike shop after i told him about the bikes i own.
I have a fat chance titanium a 96 {i think} gt sts {one with the titanium linkage} and an intense m1. All Are complete bikes in good nick and was just wondering what i could expect for them as complete bikes and as framesets. Will post pics and full specs if anyones intrested in knowing more.
Ti is full xtr as is the intense. Rock shox sids and boxers. Mavic crossmax etc. Sts is xt. Have things like spin carbon wheels on sts. Original values for the ti and intense were around £5000 each. Think the sts was about £25000-£3000.
Any info or advice would be great thanx.

Schwinn Typhoon value

I know it's not a MTB, but wasn't sure where to put it. Anyone know what my pride and joy is worth?

It's a completely original (grips, tyres, pedals etc) 1981 Schwinn Typhoon. It's near mint, with a few frame scratches.

Attachments

• L1100368.jpg
    L1100368.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,533
  • L1100353.jpg
    L1100353.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,533
Schwinn Typhoon value

Thanks for that Golden, I'll have a look.

I'm in the UK so what I was after what it would be worth to sell it here, as you don't see many around.

Re: Schwinn Typhoon value

platinumdan":2mnkd2di said:
Thanks for that Golden, I'll have a look.

I'm in the UK so what I was after what it would be worth to sell it here, as you don't see many around.

It looks great, though it's not very old. I have no idea, but I know the big S has a following.

RockiMtn":vyqo5wks said:
on a side note, anyone know where I can source replacement hardware for such a fork? in particular new bolts for the crown and new brake post studs and bolts, preferably Ti if possible. ;)

FMJ, if your swap doesn't go through, be interested in them.

Forks are on their way to classen in Cali. Bolts are available at any local Brofasco or Bolts 'r Us. The brake studs are loose and held onto the bosses via the brake bolt. I had one of my customers have his lathe guy spin an extra pair up for me on his CNC lathe. I threw in the box with the forks.

RockiMtn":1wga3ug8 said:
on a side note, anyone know where I can source replacement hardware for such a fork? in particular new bolts for the crown

In the US we have McMaster-Carr. They have an unbelievable website and about every bolt known to mankind.

FMJ":1wga3ug8 said:
Forks are on their way to classen in Cali.

whooo hooo :D These will be for a Bontrager Race Lite.... eventually. Gotta keep focus... gotta keep focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back