When you see other members................

Carsten":331x3teh said:
hollister":331x3teh said:
2 collections im very envious of there.

i'd kill everyone in this room for that potts :oops:

wait a second, you've got my address :evil:

...but you know that we have VERY relaxed gun laws here in texas.

we are prepared to defend our property!

;)

Carsten

I take different measures :)

sniper3.jpg

Carsten":2h5do71c said:
hollister":2h5do71c said:
2 collections im very envious of there.

i'd kill everyone in this room for that potts :oops:

wait a second, you've got my address :evil:

...but you know that we have VERY relaxed gun laws here in texas.

we are prepared to defend our property!

uss_texas_kids_35.jpg

;)

Carsten
those new laws in texas scare the beejesus outta me

Some times i think Why!! or What have they done!!!! But more often that i think Nice very nice. I don't wish i had their bikes unless it's anther Trimble :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I think that 'the boy' hit the nail on the head. Lets be honest, money talks. I bet that if I posted here that I wanted 'xyz' bike and that money was no object, one would turn up quickly enough, there are so many contacts on this forum and others on the .net now that I think we have the retrobike market pretty well covered. And in the UK, as noted above, the strong pound means that we can offer twice the price to American sellers for their stuff which makes us fairly powerful on e-bay etc.

Getting a nice bike is easy, if you have the cash. People with more disposable income will have the more boutique or rarer bikes, thats the way it will always be. Doesn't mean that the bikes work that well or get ridden though :)

Well, as for me personally: I have to say that lots of the bikes of other members don't actually "do it" for me. No offence but what I'm trying to point out is that I have always had my own personal wishlist, I think most of us (if not all) will have that?

For example: I like Elev12K's Fat Chance very very much, it's simply the best color around on these bikes. And when I see that I indeed start thinking "Hmmm, might just want one of those some day". But for the rest, all those red/blue/yellow/black/whatever color Fat Chances don't do it for me then. :oops:

Same with a GT Zaskar (LE). It's on my wishlist, but it has to be one of the 1991/1992 models and ball-burnished. So when I see someone with a blue ano or purple any Zaskar, sure I think "nice bike", but also "now it it had been a ball-burnished one..." :oops:

And now that I have my KLEIN for example, always wanted a KLEIN. But not one of those storm or nightstorm or gator or koi or what color. No, the one that's always been going through my mind was that green/white/purple Attitude with the welded front fork... that's the one I remember from the olden dayz. So again: if I see any other KLEIN I think "wow that's a nice bike!", but even one of those ubercool storm Adroits wouldn't do it for me. I mean the "DAMN! I'd kill for that one" effect :cool:

I'm actually wondering if I'm the only one or does everyone have the same idea... I know it's quite black/white, either the bike does it or doesn't do it. But there actually isn't much in between for me. It's like with cars, I Guess: a yellow Ferrari wouldn't do it for me neither (not that Ferrari does it for me anyway, but it has te be red IMHO). It's just that most colors and models are in my head from the early days, being a kid thinking "Man if I were just to be rich!". And it's just that this list hasn't changed over the years...

Am I weird and does everyone hate me now?? :shock:

Money is useful for the aquisition of your hearts desire but so is knowledge.

Ebay is a classic example, there are many gems out there but many sellers do not know what they have and thus some can be got for a steal, literally !

Unfortunately funds and knowledge in my world are still limited but hopefully one will increase.

I'd love one of those weird mountain machine bikes with the 20" rear wheel, an early freewheel days attempt at extra low gearing, see first flight bikes. I love weird bike stuff !

To be honest I'm more jealous of the people with the time and the level of fitness to go out biking. I've only just started riding again and it's only to work. I currently wouldn't dream of going out on an actual trail - it would kill me.

I'm actually reasonably content with my bike, so I don't get jealous of other people's rides. Anything better would be wasted on me at the moment.

Back