Guy Martin's Cotic Soul in Octane Magazine!

JeRkY":1z7qsird said:
Regarding the boat that guy built, it wasn't a bad show but it didn't go into enough depth for me. It all seemed to have been edited into quite superficial bite size chunks that failed to show the full processes involved in each of the items they were looking at.
Also honestly his habbit of calling the other chap "Boss" etc. It seemed like if you took any 5 minute segment of the show the word Boss or similar would be used over a dozen times..for some reason this REALLY annoyed me and by the end of the first episode it made me want to hurl claw hammers at kittens.
Bring back Fred Dibnah, all is forgiven!

I quite agree about the lack of detail regarding the boat build, but I don't think he was either the editor or the producer of the series, so that really had very little to do with Guy himself?
I tend to call people 'mate' partly because I'm not good a remembering names and partly habit, probably annoys some people, but that's much better than chap, 'mud (?), or worst of all for me dude!!!!
Dear old Fred wasn't everybodies 'cup of tea' either and most of his programmes were consigned to BBC2?
I still love watch Fred's programmes on Yesterday whenever they're repeated, but that's still a minority channel, where as Guy's programme was BBC1.
I'm really looking forward the 'Bike that Guy Built' series, be that with or without an engine!

RobMac":2jf7rhtb said:
No Defender thats a photo I took at the IOM and its in a
black picture frame hanging on my living room wall. Ive
not had a TV for 5 or 6 years now.

Sorry, looked a bit like a flat screen TV :cry:.
I admire you not having a TV, I had a house that didn't have one for a while after it was stolen.
I kept getting hassled by the TV Licencing people who couldn't believe I didn't have one!
I hope you did some of Andy's weeding whilst you were there?

I had a GF a bit more than half my age to compensate for no TV ;)
And Ive had 1 visit from the licencing people since.
As for Andy's garden, well it was a long time ago but I vaguely remember
how well kept it was.

Guy does say boss, chief, boy, driver, squire etc all the time, its just who he is.

I'm not sure on the fred dibnah comparisons. I don't think it'll do him any harm but other than an interest in british engineering i don't see any other similarities.

Defender":5fz7fqf0 said:
I quite agree about the lack of detail regarding the boat build, but I don't think he was either the editor or the producer of the series, so that really had very little to do with Guy himself?
I tend to call people 'mate' partly because I'm not good a remembering names and partly habit, probably annoys some people, but that's much better than chap, 'mud (?), or worst of all for me dude!!!!
Dear old Fred wasn't everybodies 'cup of tea' either and most of his programmes were consigned to BBC2?
I still love watch Fred's programmes on Yesterday whenever they're repeated, but that's still a minority channel, where as Guy's programme was BBC1.
I'm really looking forward the 'Bike that Guy Built' series, be that with or without an engine!

Dont get me wrong, I was referring to the way the show was put together, not Guy or indeed the boat. And the Boss thing is purely personal but replace boss with almost any word and the frequency at which it is repeated throughout the show would still annoy me. Again probably an editing issue as I have seen Guy interviews elsewhere and he successfully managed to string together a sentence without intense repetition.

Defender":2xmsx7r7 said:

You want to have a look at this months Performance Bikes mag then.
He didn't build it as such, more like bought a project requiring attention to complete, but what a project...

Basic spec is Martec framed GSXR 1100, bored to 1380cc and a turbo. Also fitted with the kind of cycle parts that only a man with close connections to the superbike paddock can obtain :cool: .
It's currently putting out 380bhp, with plans for nitrous and a few other tweaks to see 500bhp :shock:
To quote the man himself, 'It'll put hairs on your chest boy.'

Fudd":35i1qtqi said:
Defender":35i1qtqi said:

You want to have a look at this months Performance Bikes mag then.
He didn't build it as such, more like bought a project requiring attention to complete, but what a project...

Basic spec is Martec framed GSXR 1100, bored to 1380cc and a turbo. Also fitted with the kind of cycle parts that only a man with close connections to the superbike paddock can obtain :cool: .
It's currently putting out 380bhp, with plans for nitrous and a few other tweaks to see 500bhp :shock:
To quote the man himself, 'It'll put hairs on your chest boy.'

Thanks for that info on the bike, I wasn't actually refering to that particular bike, just any bike!
I gave up reading PB (Performing Berks!) a long time ago, I'll see if someone at work has a copy I can blag a look at?
I tend to read the classic bike mags these days, now and again the comic ie. MCN.

Latest posts

Back