Guy Martin's Cotic Soul in Octane Magazine!

Defender

Retro Guru
A Cotic Soul is in issue 96, as one of I.O.M. TT and now TV star Guy Martin favorite posessions in the regular Gearbox feature.
He is currently 250 miles a week in training for the 120 mile 24,000 feet climb in the one day in the Salzkammergut Trophy, Austria.
Having seen his TV series, The Boat That Guy Built, he seems to be the natural replacement for the late, great, Fred Dibnah, his relative youth, 29 and his easy going but enthusiastic manner will appeal to many?

Defender":3l41o5dg said:
A Cotic Soul is in issue 96, as one of I.O.M. TT and now TV star Guy Martin favorite posessions in the regular Gearbox feature.
He is currently 250 miles a week in training for the 120 mile 24,000 feet climb in the one day in the Salzkammergut Trophy, Austria.
Having seen his TV series, The Boat That Guy Built, he seems to be the natural replacement for the late, great, Fred Dibnah, his relative youth, 29 and his easy going but enthusiastic manner will appeal to many?

I like the lad, he has old fashioned values and has a lot of respect for other people, and he also looks like Wolverine........so I darent say anything bad or those Ti claw things may come looking for me :LOL:

Good all round entertainer and down to earth :D

A great character on TV, also saw him doing the MTB test on the Gadget Show where he picked the Orange five over a 6.5K trek :)

I like his style, very down to earth, a get things done attitude and appreciative of other peoples skills. seems pretty talented too, in a few walks of life.

The Ken":1jxzctse said:
He usually rides a bigger bike in your neck of the woods Andy.

Yeah - and right outside my front door too.........

Now you all know exactly where I live :roll:

Attachments

• Guy-Martin-Ballaugh-Bridge-.jpg
    Guy-Martin-Ballaugh-Bridge-.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,396
  • Guy Martin - Ballaugh Bridge.jpg
    Guy Martin - Ballaugh Bridge.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4,396
Andy Ive been in your garden ........................... sorry :oops:

IMG_1104.jpg

Regarding the boat that guy built, it wasn't a bad show but it didn't go into enough depth for me. It all seemed to have been edited into quite superficial bite size chunks that failed to show the full processes involved in each of the items they were looking at.

Also honestly his habbit of calling the other chap "Boss" etc. It seemed like if you took any 5 minute segment of the show the word Boss or similar would be used over a dozen times..for some reason this REALLY annoyed me and by the end of the first episode it made me want to hurl claw hammers at kittens.

Bring back Fred Dibnah, all is forgiven!

No Defender thats a photo I took at the IOM and its in a
black picture frame hanging on my living room wall. Ive
not had a TV for 5 or 6 years now.

Latest posts

Back