Three Tribes aftermath ~ 23/04/11

VEGAS!":2escyjas said:
Thank you all for another fab day out. A little tired and slightly sun burnt today but a great day none the less. Big thanks to Kaya, Si and the Yorkies for showing the way. I hope the young lad on the Yo Eddy is feeling better today.
Great to start putting faces to names and i promise to ride retro next time. Hope to see you all at the Weekender again.

Vegas (2008 Felt)

Thanks mate. Sorry I made the rest of the ride start later. I'm okay. Walkig quite badly an my left side is rather cut up but I'm okay. Hopefully I'll see you all at the next meet if I can get a lift. No more old tyres for me. Or getting excited on bends.

Might even be able to save the saddle!!

It was good to meet the Yorkshire riders before I took a dive. Looking forward to lots more pictures.

Glad your Ok Mike you had me worried for a while, and don't worry about holding us up you got me out of going for a meal with the other half's family cheers. Did you crash because you were too busy thinking about the bloke you exchanged phone numbers with in the toilets :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . Sorry mate I had to tell everyone. Anyway I had a great day out in even better company just need my ankle and wrist to stop aching after coming of on the run towards the pub :x :x

Attachments

• DSCF0804 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF0804 [800x600].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,503
  • DSCF0799 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF0799 [800x600].jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,503
  • DSCF0801 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF0801 [800x600].jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1,503
  • DSCF0803 [800x600].jpg
    DSCF0803 [800x600].jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,503
Sorry for the slow posting its been a busy weekend, So it all started a mechanical, then there was an accident then a mechanical but the sun shone all day and the trails were dusty dry.

To all the north east and yorkies who made the day so memorable thank you very very much, To all the midlands and north western gents an evan bigger thanks for waiting for us and making it such a fantastic day.

Picture039.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture116.jpg

Picture122.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture143.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture165.jpg

and my final thoughts

Picture167.jpg

OUCH!!

That reminds me.

Big time thanks to marc two tone.

Majorly saved my arse. And head with the helmet I killed. Sorry mate :(

I'll pay you back for the dead lid.

Did we have to wait for your lot then Vern? :? Good job then - by the time I'd ogled some bikes, said a bunch of hellos, been for a dump, enjoyed a hot cornish pasty, nattered some more and gone back for date & walnut cake pudding and a drink, I nearly ran out of time to refill my water bottle! :oops: :LOL:

Some great pics there, making me want to get out again :cool: Nothing like the sight of a broken helmet to make you inclined to wear one... :shock:

Sorry for the late aftermath contribution, but finally I have a bit of spare time post ride.

I had a great day of riding. The 'wildthing' stayed in one piece despite taking a great deal of getting used to, by the end of the day i'd semi tamed this bucking bronco. I also learned where the 'wildthing' colour scheme had derived, apparently from DSP's sisters' wall paper! Which asks the question, why was it called wildthing?

The 3 tribes is turning into a great little event, its great that all meet up from different routes and have a social ride together.

Fair play toi mr_ship for blooding (literally) a NOS Moutain Goat frame and also to Vern for putting us all to shame on that '84 Saracen.

See you all again soon.

I'd just like to say thanks everyone for being nice to me when I came and drooled over your bikes! I was on a ride over Cut Gate with my brother who was visiting - unfortunately on my modern bike as my GT isn't finished yet.
I am going to try and get on one of the evening rides at Sherwood Pines on the first ride of it - back to it's spiritual home. I'm from near Southwell originally and used to ride my GT there before the tea shop existed.

Hope I can make it on one of those tribe meets one day - it looked like loads of fun. :)

3 tribes

Rob Atkin":2bseq9ev said:
I'd just like to say thanks everyone for being nice to me when I came and drooled over your bikes! I was on a ride over Cut Gate with my brother who was visiting - unfortunately on my modern bike as my GT isn't finished yet.
I am going to try and get on one of the evening rides at Sherwood Pines on the first ride of it - back to it's spiritual home. I'm from near Southwell originally and used to ride my GT there before the tea shop existed.

Hope I can make it on one of those tribe meets one day - it looked like loads of fun. :)

good to see you rob! we will turn a blind eye to the modern thing on this occasion as you were entertaining :LOL: keep an eye on the meet threads for your region of convenience, you are certainly welcome. laughs, cool bikes and good company guaranteed as a minimum standard.

take care mate.

cheers to all those involved on such a classic retrobike ride, I had a real good day but I must admit it was a bit warm for me and my other complaint was the gear ratios on the karakoram 26x28 for first gear when im used to 22/34 twas hard work! some stunning bikes on show my faves were mr ships nos mountaingoat and kaya's saracen kiliflyer and sinett's astars :cool: oh and mine,
good to see you all again and good to see the Dr too,
IMAG0679.jpg

Re: 3 tribes

marc two tone":134wdcb8 said:
Rob Atkin":134wdcb8 said:

good to see you rob! we will turn a blind eye to the modern thing on this occasion as you were entertaining :LOL: keep an eye on the meet threads for your region of convenience, you are certainly welcome. laughs, cool bikes and good company guaranteed as a minimum standard.

take care mate.

I actually didn't bring my own bike over as a mark of respect. :-D

Back