Look at my new toy!!!

Stick Legs

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Look at my new toy!

Manual BMW E28 528i.

LSD, 185bhp, trailing arm rear suspension....

...and it's winter! :LOL: :twisted:

Attachments

• d80f_4.jpg
    d80f_4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,126
Cant beat a bit of rwd in winter :cool:

I borrowed my father in laws car the other day to nip out in. Trouble is he has a 3.2L V6 omega thats rwd :shock: so i thought it would be rude not to take it up the new industrial estate and blow the cobwebs out of it.... Got a few major arse end drifts on the roundabout smoke everywhere :LOL: :LOL:

Class!

I nearly just bought an E23 735i but when the Mrs realised how big they are so said NO! (she constantly moans about the turning circle on our Merc SEC!)

What have you got to worry about? You HAVE an SEC.

I used to have a E24 635CSi. Great cars, have always liked the SEC, kind of kindered spirits.

Have a sproglet now so need a bit more space, the E24 used all E28 running gear.

Hopefully this car will be a good basis for a renovation, I am thinking as new, with all the options that it doesn't have added, but seeing as it has the Glass sunroof, heated 'captains chairs' with the arm rests and trip computer there is not much to find! :D

Stick Legs":28blvsai said:

I used to have a E24 635CSi. Great cars, have always liked the SEC, kind of kindered spirits.

Yeah, I quite fancy a late 635CSi (a bit more economical than the 560SEC!)

Stick Legs":28blvsai said:
Hopefully this car will be a good basis for a renovation, I am thinking as new, with all the options that it doesn't have added, but seeing as it has the Glass sunroof, heated 'captains chairs' with the arm rests and trip computer there is not much to find! :D

Make sure you fit (if it doesnt have one already) either a Blaupunkt New York SQR 83 or a Blaupunkt Berlin IQR88 for that straight from the BMW dealer cred!

the_cyclops":1b7sbhv2 said:
Stick Legs":1b7sbhv2 said:

Yeah, I quite fancy a late 635CSi (a bit more economical than the 560SEC!)

Stick Legs":1b7sbhv2 said:

Make sure you fit (if it doesnt have one already) either a Blaupunkt New York SQR 83 or a Blaupunkt Berlin IQR88 for that straight from the BMW dealer cred!

I used to have a Blaupunkt New York with the separate amp, that went in my 635CSi, I do have a Bremen though in the shed to replace the Kenwood CD player in the 528i, it still has the original tape storage drawer things! :cool:

Back