Coast 2 Coast hArdGay Off Road - Sat 25th/Sun26th September

I wouldnt do it on a road bike, and I go off road a bit with my Galaxy :?

28mm tyres. :shock:

Mines are 32mm and I would do that route on them. :?

It depends how light you are on your pedals I suppose, I'd still rather go mtb but if you can't just expect to walk a bit. As an idea we met a bunch of guys going the other way, they thought we were a bit daft because some of us were rigid.

This gives a fair idea of the terrain

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118682

keep us posted :D

Thanks guys, so long as I can sort out a route with B&Bs to get there I will give it a go. My Ribble is their "audax" frame so a cheapy heavy aluminium job rather than their lighter frames, fitted a decent head set so not that feart. Well not so far but then I have not been yet!! The scouts are building a bridge for the feared river crossing I believe so no need for the 150m rope :D
So just looking for decent weather, no snow, plenty of sunshine.....

yes I have a heart arhythmia, atrial fibrillation. Had it perhaps 10 years and it varies from all the time: well 5-6 weeks continuous in February to about 35 to 40% of the time. Bit of an embugerance and slows me down but I find exercise helps, certainly helps my head :D
Have changed how I ride. Can't go very hard but can still trundle along OK, enough to really enjoy being out.

Re:

For those in the know - Martin Stephenson and the Daintees are on Radio Scotland tonight from 9pm - be quick :p

Re:

Yeah , I listened last night. I remember buying Boat to Bolivia on vinyl . Quality stuff.
But without reading through this whole thread , what's it got to do with C2C ?

Re:

They were playing in the bar in Ullapool when we were there.

Back