Cannock Chase Ride - 30th Dec - BBQ Turkey Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope FTD is open, half of it is closed off due to building the heritage trail (whatever that is). :evil:
Did ignore the signs the other night but figured it would be quiet at night!

I`ll be there at 11.00 so count me in :D ,,,,,,,,, if i get the yo back,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if i send it,,,,,,,,,,,and get it painted,,,,,,,,,,and find a freehud for the discdrive

Reckon I will be able to make one of the two events. Which one will be non race pace? Take it will be a lap or two of the red route? As long as the 'snot twins' don't pass on the virus of the week, count me in!

Due to good circumstance ie. being wed to a Staffordshire lass I hope to be down from Scotland to be a the Cannock Chase event on December 30th at 11am. Most intrigued to see what all you regular Retobikers look like in the flesh and what fantastic old steeds you ride. Further interested in 'Hooning around' whatevever that may be !

Hopefully have my Raleigh Massif looking a little more authentic with a soon to be fitted biopace type chainset, canti brakes and a new stem.

Looking forward to it,

Cheers

Velomaniac

If it's a nice & easy pootle I could be tempted to try to burn off some of the mince pies. Probably get my brother in law along on his retro Marin as well. Not 100% sure I'll be at home but if so I can probably come

I know it wont go down that well just after christmas but i `ve found the old start line of the cannock chase classic before it moved into that field,it`s about a two mile uphill :D followed by tight downhill single track :D and the downhill course which weaves it way around the (bitch) is still dry .

monsterfat... is that the original course from 90/93??

I know that the 'arena' start area is still there although somewhat different due to the now grown trees.

May be a good idea to try and retrace the course while we are all there!!
Just an idea tho'

not the start which baker and gould used inc the prodownhill, after that they used a start which is about 100 yards from the road,(next to the railway line)we should really find them all whilst were there :D if i get me bike back :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back