1989 Haro Team Extreme

Is this the one that's been on the for sale board a few times?

That'll make a mighty fine ride, look forward to seeing the finished pics. :D

Looking good Andreas! I had my eye on that one when it popped up for sale a couple times. Glad to see it went to a good home. :cool:

Cool

Excellent work!

The condition is amazing - Also I totally love that colour scheme and graphics

Also I just noticed how for all the 'extreme' and Dave Yates style bendy top tube, the geometry actually looks really relaxed, well apart from the stem!

:cool:

Thanks Mike. Actually the brand Haro is not my cup of tea (especially the awful e-stay cheapos from the early 90s). But that thing infected me! Late 80s, Team Issue, weird geometry, strange paintjob. As my colleagues from the german board would say: That's really odd! Andreas have to buy it! :D

It will get a full period correct XT 730 build! 4-finger levers, rear mech, Canti and U-Brake are on the way to Berlin. Stay tuned for further informations ...

Better pics:

Work in progress. Latest arrivals are period correct 730 XT cantis, U-Brake, brake levers and thumbies and AME grips. Now waiting for 730 BB, headset, hubset and 6-speed UG cassette to finish the build.

Looking good! Colored cable housings usually aren't my thing, but they really work well with this frame. :cool: Nice touch with the Bullseye hubs, too.

Thanks, Mike. The neon orange housings came with the frame and I think they are original. The Bullseye hubs will be replaced with a 6-sp 730 hubset.

Cool

Well, that is looking superb!

Im so glad it is getting built with the original 89 spec.

Good job mate ;)

Back