Colnago Master

Joop Zoetemelk won the worlds on Colnago in '87. I would guess that the 10 worlds equates to pro championships?

quickly looking back at world champs, from '89 there were Joop, Saronni and freddy maertens (81?) I had a lovely poster of him resplendent in his rainbow jersey and colnago.

there were also a pile of east german and soviet winners who rode Colnago's, so probably includes them.

'Colnago collaborated with Ferrari in the year 1986. The next year was the birth of precise fork with straight blades. Colnago by now was representing Italy in the world bicycle market. The 1990 models would be showing the Italia 90 logo to commemorate the football world cup in Italy..'

hope it helps....??

That is MasterPiu and probably 88-90

Master did´t have rear brake cable going inside toptube.

my new master x light

Hi there!

Found the frame in a LBS and incredibly find it NOS...Colnago told me this is a '99 frame.
Build it up with

precisa (new and not theraded) fork
campy record UT 10S group
shamal clincher wheelset
pmp titanium post
fizik arione saddle
look keo classic pedals
cinelli neo ck stem bar combo
asap i will change
headset (coming soon a ck 1" pewter)
bottle cage (coming soon king cage iris stainless steel)

Attachments

• masterizzato 001.jpg
    masterizzato 001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,664
  • masterizzato 001.jpg
    masterizzato 001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,664
the red frame is beautiful, wow...i'd clamp her on a seat post though

Which parts will you be building her up with?

yup it's certainly a late 80s model and a good guess by one of the lads when he mentioned joops win. one of the guys in a local road club bought a blue and white master with the gilco tubes and straight forks and i reckon that must have been around 1987.

a smasher!

rusty :)

Back