looking at a pace 104xc

clockd

Retro Guru
hi
i am interested in the new pace 104 xc frame. has anyone ridden one of these ??
just it looks nice with the fillet brazing, all singing adjustable dropouts.

tell me your thoughts

Already a few threads about these....

Opinion seems to be divided. But nobody actually seems to have got one!

Looks pretty well thought out and nicely made to me.

Whether it would suit your needs is another matter: What are your requirements?

yeah i have read a few threads but really its the lack of info that i am wondering about.

well here is the run down....
decided i wanted to do the long travel hardtail, so i built a beast of a bike (surly instigator) it is a nice bike but it weighs 34 lb!

i have a couple of xc 80mm travel bikes that are from around 2000 that are really twitchy and a bit scary on rocky stuff.

i figured a modern frame with the new 2012 xt on it running a 100- 130mm fork would be awesome with the more modern slacker geo

i suppose that i am after a more versatile bike

Really find out what length fork you want to run first....

If you want the longer travel - you're probably better going with the 325 or get a deal on a 305 or 303, as long as you don't want to use a U-turn fork and screw it back down to 100. My 303 weighs in at 11kg without having gone to any lengths to lighten it. Will be selling the 303 frame at some point to make way for a 405 but not just yet.

If you want to run less travel, or have more options in the future - the 106 might be more your thing.

I am still tempted to swap out my modern epic comp for an XC hardtail, and the 104 is on my list of considerations. I am planning on heading to Dalby tomorrow to have a look-see.

Also on my list is the new Saracen kili.

JeRkY":eq55ocfa said:
I am still tempted to swap out my modern epic comp for an XC hardtail, and the 104 is on my list of considerations. I am planning on heading to Dalby tomorrow to have a look-see.

So what's the verdict then????

JeRkY":1nf1wytm said:

Also on my list is the new Saracen kili.
Two bikes on my modern wishlist too.

Both look awesome, as for reviews on em, pretty thin on the ground.

Interested to know your thoughts after you've seen the Pace.

Back