At last - my Fisher RS1-Pro

deelam

Retro Guru
Finally I have got round to posting.
I actually feel guilty for taking so long!
(also have a '96 Kona Kilauea in original spec but it's too much of a mess right now.)

I have the original Fisher saddle but it's a large heavy sofa-type.
I need to get a nice Flite to replace the torn effort.
Wheels are hand-built Ritchies with some old unknown cheng-shin tyres.
Managed to get some blue and red elastomers as well as the black (fitted), I don't know how they compare yet.

Oh, and please excuse the V's on the front, not very retro I know but now that I have a spare Manitou hanger I'll fit the original cantis after my house move has settled down.

I had to get this when it came up. I remember seeing one on tomorrow's world - This whole "retrobike thing" is great isn't it?
Now we can have the bikes which we could only dream about as kids!

It rides very well. Not as flexy as I imagined, great for the small, irritating bumps - not so great on the big stuff. All-in-all, well pleased though!

Attachments

• DSC00530.jpg
    DSC00530.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 2,614
  • DSC00534.jpg
    DSC00534.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 2,612
  • DSC00536.jpg
    DSC00536.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2,612
Hey Deelam,

That RS1 looks sweet in black...nice ride! I also remember when the bike was shown on Tomorrow's World, some guy was riding it up a set of stairs...magic!

Rich

Lovely. Control tech seat pin would finish it off a treat. But as it is its more functional than fully pimp which is nice actually.

Yup, that seatpin QR is nasty - well spotted!

As for keeping it - I don't imagine that I will let this one go. Let's face it, by modern full-sus standards it is completely hopeless :LOL: but it just has a certain "je ne sais quoi" about it!

I think it's still wearing the original paint, all the decals are under the lacquer.
Although I thought these all came in purple.

The paintwork is very brittle, just like a Klein.
And I am still looking for a band-on 34.9 Campy centaur front mech. It's the only mech which (I hope) will be small enough to allow me to shift onto the bottom ring. With the DX mech, I am stuck with 12 speeds!

It's a Mountain Cycle Pro-Stop. Cable actuated hydraulic. I think it's a "baby" version of the one on Jez's suspenders. It has a floating disc which is always in very slight contact with the pads so it "sings" as you ride!

I reckon it must weigh a couple of pounds, totally over-engineered, but boy, does it work well!

Back