A problem

I have done this myself on a 717.

There is not enough room to intentionally get it past the other nipples.

Nothing for it but to correctly identify where it lies, and remove the nipple adjacent to it, pop the spoke out of the hole and it should be okay.

If you are confident with wheels forgive this next bit, if not I hope it helps.

You don't need to worry too much about doing this:-
After replacing the nipple on the spoke (not dropping it into the rim :LOL: ) just wind it up 1 full turn at a time at first until you feel a little weight, after each subsequent wind grab the spokes all round the rim to 'tension it'. Every few turns spin it round in the frame to check how true it is.

Once it gets tight start to turn the nipple half a turn at a time, tensioning between turns, spinning every time. Touch no other nipples, the wheel will eventually true up and you will not have ruined the integrity of your wheel.

First time you ride it it will ping, this is normal. After the first ride check for true, correct if necessary, job jobbed.

:D

Stick Legs":d9vyjbty said:
If you are confident with wheels forgive this next bit, if not I hope it helps
:D

Thanks 'stick legs' me touch my wheels :shock: Ask my LBS and my 'touching' my bikes :roll: It's best i don't touch my wheels. This job will be left till i replace the hub. A hope mono replaced by a hope pro 3 in gold ano. I'll just have to live with the noise till then :evil:
You all have been a help :D

tintin40":39d2aml2 said:
I'll just have to live with the noise till then

In the meantime fit some spokey dokeys and embrace the noise :)

3a_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0158076266

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
We do it all the time! A TOP TIP is to screw the nipple onto the end of a match when you are lacing them (from the outside) and use it to screw the nipple onto the spoke......Or buy a DT Proline spoke nipple spring loaded thingy, which we also have - we still drop them inside and sit shaking them for 30 minutes!

Back