Restore or ride.

quicky

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
:D Hi a work friend gave me a 1987 Raleigh Triathlon which is in need of some work,I have been ordering parts online for said bike but have not been able to source 2 items which are the small adjusters that go on the rear dropouts and the seat post frame bolt.I would be very gratefull if anyone could give me some advice on sizes and where I might be able to purchase these items.
Thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:D ive seen these on E bay but the ones for the Triathlon are like male and female allen bolts that fit in to a recess on the frame.the adjusters are like a flat head screw but they are sprung and have a brass knob on the outside of the drop out,Thanks for your input.

quicky":3n002omk said:
:D ive seen these on E bay but the ones for the Triathlon are like male and female allen bolts that fit in to a recess on the frame.the adjusters are like a flat head screw but they are sprung and have a brass knob on the outside of the drop out,Thanks for your input.

Allen key seat bolt? Here you go....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Allen-Key-Seat-Bo ... f0ff226563

....or a decent LBS should be able to supply for a similar price. The dropout adjusters sell for about 6 quid a pair upwards from (as a "for instance") SJS Cycles in Somerset. Not as easy to come by these days though with vertical dropouts dominating the new-frame market.

David

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for posting the links I can order the last two parts to complete the bike,so once again thank you. :LOL:

Back