Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
rBOTM April is here :) Put in your votes now!

Elev12K's Vittorio Strada >>>

5451594710_f04d398058_b.jpg

Nob's Shorter >>>

TTBike001.jpg

Citoyen du Monde's Fossati >>>

dscn3157_200.jpg

Old Ned's Dave Russell >>>

72daverussellmar115b_850.jpg

Bushpig's Cunningham >>>

IMG_4728.jpg

Real variety this month, the fag paper clearances of the Dave Russell clinch it for me.

ededwards":32b1loza said:
Real variety this month, the fag paper clearances of the Dave Russell clinch it for me.

My choice too, easily the best of the bunch.

I like the Vittorio, except the choice for the rear mech.
I also like the Fossati, because of his age and the nice choice for red and green bartape to the white colour of the frame and teh azurri cables.
And I like the Dave Russell because of the mint Universal brake levers (and calipers).
The Cunningham is nice due to his MAVIC equipment.

Not easy this month .... ;)

When I acquired the Vittorio it had a 600 Arabesque mech fitted. It is a smart upgrade and, Dutchie, fully logical from the ever pragmatic perpective Dutch builders tend to have. While I have dozens of Campag mechs laying around, none didn't come on. I went with a Dura-Ace EX mech with 'hatch plate' design instead - the best Shimano had offer at that time. Better performance and more original than if I would have went with Campag.

I agree with Ed and Spokesman that Ned's Russell underperforms btw. It deserves better.

Elev12k":7lu5wvlt said:
When I acquired the Vittorio it had a 600 Arabesque mech fitted. It is a smart upgrade and, Dutchie, fully logical from the ever pragmatic perpective Dutch builders tend to have. While I have dozens of Campag mechs laying around, none didn't come on. I went with a Dura-Ace EX mech with 'hatch plate' design instead - the best Shimano had offer at that time. Better performance and more original than if I would have went with Campag.
I agree, due to the same reason I did change my rear mech on the Jan Janssen from Campagnolo to Shimano 105. Because a Campagnolo 980 could not handle teh 28 tooth of the freewheel.
Nevertheless, just for the picture a campagolo should be preferred to my opinion.

If many of us did this back in the day, including the builders themselves, and Dutch bikes tend be entirely composed through very pragmatic eyes: in the way the frame is build, the way specs are chosen not sticking to that parts have to belong to one group.... why than creating some quasi ideal situation in a pic? If I had done that it would have felt a bit like betraying its origins.

It's a tough one, for me it was between Nob's Shorter and Ned's Dave Russell - Ned's bike got my vote :cool:

RooKilo":30k1o5gb said:
It's a tough one, for me it was between Nob's Shorter and Ned's Dave Russell - Ned's bike got my vote :cool:

Thanks! I need a late surge now - just like Cav.

Who's going to lead me out?

It is May now and it looks like my entry, the Vittorio, has conquered the title :) A real honour is this tough field.

Some entries underperformed -personal view-, but I must say that overall the results look quite balanced. No entries lacking behind with only 0, 1, 2 votes total or so. It is nice field of quality. Hope we get such up for the May rBOTM too!

Back