MTB routes in/near Hull, Humberside

You see the Mantra's come up on ebay fairly often, there are a few still around this region.
You could probably build one up for not too much with period XTR.

Nope that's not the bike, thinking about it, I was thinking of YETI as the last bike I saw him on in some video's. Modern thing I guess.

FluffyChicken":1dan0xmo said:
You see the Mantra's come up on ebay fairly often, there are a few still around this region.
You could probably build one up for not too much with period XTR.

Nope that's not the bike, thinking about it, I was thinking of YETI as the last bike I saw him on in some video's. Modern thing I guess.

OK mate, the Klein was the last bike Ian had at the time he lived in Hull, besides the Klein was far too BIG for me!! Hoho, anyway you know how tight Ian was with money, it was a graphic surprise that Ian would spend any, money, especially since he was always harping on about the free value of cycling, as a means to get about, exercise or fun activity! I think he was making an analogy to cars, such as you buy a 2nd hand car and unknown to you it needs this & that, however you buy and bike new, and just ride and enjoy. I think he was referring to the Carina, Mini and 3 series, hmm yer the choices some people make.

Anyway how about a bike ride sometime soon, say: Swanland, Melton, Welton, Brantingham, Elloughton, Swanland. About 25 miles (Or less).

So mate, I realise we're busy with work, decorating and gardening, so when can you fit in a leisurely ride, with an old friend? We live near each other, so could meet mine, yours, or somewhere nearby, Haltemprise Leisure Centre BMX park?

I'm off till end of APRIL.

Cheers

Stephan Rands

mail@srands.co.uk

Should be up for a ride, might even get one tommorow. Dunno if anyone else is free.
Tend to do Welton to South Cave (via the bits in between). Get knackered and head back or random parts around there. Even a nice easy one from here or skidby or raywell to beverley and back.

FluffyChicken":3esglvnw said:
Should be up for a ride, might even get one tommorow. Dunno if anyone else is free.
Tend to do Welton to South Cave (via the bits in between). Get knackered and head back or random parts around there. Even a nice easy one from here or skidby or raywell to beverley and back.

Sure Mate, Sunday is good. What sort of time you want to meet? 12pm, 13pm?

Meet at mine? 57 Legard Drive, Anlaby, Hull, HU10 6UH.

Other cycling buddies? Iain Close is injured, so he is out of action! I'll txt Simon Cooper & Simon Cowey.

Cheers

Stephan Rands

mail@srands.co.uk

Would need to start at 9-ish really, but best leave it till Monday and i'll see if the rest want to ride on here as well.

srands":cdm0j791 said:
FluffyChicken":cdm0j791 said:

Sure Mate, Sunday is good. What sort of time you want to meet? 12pm, 13pm?

Meet at mine? 57 Legard Drive, Anlaby, Hull, HU10 6UH.

Other cycling buddies? Iain Close is injured, so he is out of action! I'll txt Simon Cooper & Simon Cowey.

Cheers

Stephan Rands

mail@srands.co.uk

I'm off out round South Cave Sunday morning before we go to the seaside.

Going to be an early one though, about 7.30am.

chrisv40":2ia26cyx said:
I'm off out round South Cave Sunday morning before we go to the seaside.

Going to be an early one though, about 7.30am.

Hmm, that's way too early for me, especially on a weekend! Thanks for mentioning though.

MTB ROUTES in/near HULL/HUMBERSIDE

Below are some more local MTB ROUTES in HULL (HUMBERSIDE), instead of riding the whole country:

http://www.stephanrands.karoo.net/mtb_routes_hull.htm

Or see direct hyperlinks below of MTB rides in/near HULL (HUMBERSIDE):

BRANTINGHAM ~ SHORT WAY

BRANTINGHAM ~ LONG WAY

RAYWELL (YORKSHIRE WOLDS WAY)

RAYWELL / SOUTH CAVE

HESSLE FORESHAW aka LITTLE SWITZERLAND or COUNTRY PARK

BEVERLEY WESTWOOD

FORT PAULL via ST. ANDREWS QUAY (TRANS PENNINE TRAIL)

BARTON FORESHAW TRAIL/TRACK

LOCAL PARKS: WEST PARK, EAST PARK & QUEENS GARDENS

HALTEMPRISE BMX TRACK

HESSLE FORESHAW BMX TRACK

MTB PARKS in OTHER COUNTIES

MTB TRAILS in OTHER COUNTIES

GREAT LOCAL ROUTE MAP FINDER

Or go direct to my MTB ROUTES in/near HULL

Let me know what you think to:

MTB Route Page: http://www.stephanrands.karoo.net/mtb_routes_hull.htm

STAR RATINGS:
1=Bad, 2=Below Average, 3=Average, 4=Above Average, 5=Excellent

Cheers

Stephan

http://www.stephanrands.karoo.net/mtb_routes_hull.htm

Anyway I've said the above before, but it's worth mentioning again, to ride more LOCALLY, especially considering the price of FUEL, CAR SAT NAV, CYCLE CARRIERs, ROOF RACKs, ROOF BOX's, MTB SAT NAV, and not forgetting wear & tear on me, my bike & my car, and a few cheap rugs and covers to stop the MTB's from getting scratched during travelling sabbatical shenanigans.

And what if "Oh no my Forks or Frame is scratched". How much is a touch up stick from Halfords that is a bad match? About £6 for 1 touch up brush/pen in a plain colour (Red, Silver, Black, etc). Unless you're one of those people with a two tone MTB, you'll either have to live with the scratches or spend hours with your MTB in the touch up paint brush/pen section at Halfords finding a similar colour. If the plain colours aren't a good match for your frame/fork colour(s) and opposing silhouette decals (Stickers/Graphics), there is lots of different car colours at £12 for a 3 brush/pen pack (primer/colour/lacquer), you'll have to look for ages to find a similar colour. etc.

Back