Zinn Z-Centaur – Photo update - Page 6

That looks sweet, is it staying the same colour? I think it should, it'll look great with new stickers :cool:

I will keep it the same colour. It will have to stay blue.

Currently tweaking the decals so they have the dotted pattern in them (see the attached image) and then I will get some tests done on some white vinyl. I know its anal but it has to be right...

Attachments

• DSC_0316.JPG
    DSC_0316.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 3,414
Love Zinn's and love Campag MTB gear...this bike is going to rock....drools over the SLT 99 chain...yummy...

Enjoy the build mate and great story by the way :)

Yep = that's gonna be nice!
I owned a Zinn briefly in 1992. Bought it for £200, minus the wheels and put in some DX/231 that I had spare - great riding bike in an old fashioned way, even back then. Super skinny 531 with a Sachs groupset, really can't remember what it was. It had an Argos cobalt blue paint job when i got it - wonder where it is now??

Quick little update.

The decals have been artworked and are currently being test by Gil M.

I was stripping the frame ready to send off and found one of the cable guide/rollers had seized. Had to drill out the bolt but ruined the cable holder. I think I have another little allen key bolt but does anybody know where I can get the thin bit of metal that stops the cable falling out? I've shown a complete one in the picture below and the piece I need is top right.

Hopefully I can make some more progress on it soon...

Attachments

• Zinn_Cableroller.jpg
    Zinn_Cableroller.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,711
no idea where you can buy stuff like that, but it shouldn't be to hard to make yourself? How did you ruin it, can't you use a washer to fix it?

Back