The polishing/Anodizing thread

What they looked like after stripping the anodizing.

5640652587_8dc6fbc898_z.jpg

5640652429_b17b7849a5_z.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Awesome

I looked into all of this stuff the regulated power supply is the costliest bit... But now Stefan has actually done it and so damned well

The manufacturing of parts is super cool too

Cheers Stefan you are a real trail blazer!

The things you learn on this forum! Love it

Mechanic at the wheelbuilders i was at today is a home anodizer.He recommended NOT using caustic soda to strip as it leaves minute pitting in the alloy surface.Recommends very fine emery paper.
Although he has stopped doing any,he is going to tell me his method and will get sulfuric acid for me when i need it.

MM":28fuow39 said:
How did you make them that lovely red colour
Food colouring is one way.
I think the main criteria is that the colour must be completely dissolved and not be a suspension of fine particles in the liquid :?

I'm considering re-anodizing a set of black Cook Bros RSR cranks that I've had for a looooong time. They are pretty scratched up. I noticed, Stefan, that you mentioned you remove the spider before anodizing. I would like to try this, but I've always heard it was not possible or that the crank arm or spider would be destroyed in the process. Can you please shed some light on any techniques you may have for separating the crank arm from the spider... and then putting them back together.

Thanks.

but I've always heard it was not possible or that the crank arm or spider would be destroyed in the process

it works, but let me think about it to find the right words for an how to do for you :? .

I build me from a pice of wood an part, here I fix the 5 Arms on it. The Crankarm is free between the wood. And with an other pice of wood I
kick the crank from the spider. Very slow, the three pins go out of the crank and you can, after you do all what you wanna do, fix them again with glue. I do this with 3 cranks, and it works perfekt, all the cranks are in use now, without any problems.

Hope I find some right words, sorry, for my bad english :oops: .

Stefan

Back