Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Hi All,

Found the forum while searching for an Xlite camlock skewer (In Purple!) to match the one I just dug out from the garage and put on my 2010 zaskar.

I have a Dynatech diablo that originates from the early nineties. Back in the day, I fitted '91 XTR rear hub and mech, RST mozo pro XL forks, a HOPE mechanical disc (which easily outperforms my avid 3's on the zaskar!!). I've been meaning to sell the old girl for around 10 years, I just can't bring myself to get rid. I recently took her round the Marin trail 12 times in a row (leading groups) she never missed a beat, despite eating through tyres and rear brake blocks.

I also have a really old coyote full suss frame that I'm looking to re-build, I don't know its history as a previous owner stripped it back to aluminium. Its still very pretty and definately more than 10 years old, I need to do more research though.

I have quite a few old bits and bobs lying around, I recently found a mint old set of folding "spikes". Anyone remember those tyres that were awesome in the mud with those ludicrously long nobbles that were really dangerous on anything other than gloopy stuff?

I've waffled enough for now but I'll get some pics of the old girl up.
Regards, Pat.

Recently joined (didn't see this thread :roll: ) had my GT Outpost since 97/98 I believe it's a 92/93, almost still original apart from Cables, Pads & Tyres (using two sets of wheels one with Schwalbe Silento 2's on & as in pic some Specialized Control Fast Trak LK's), Hainault Forest is only a 15min ride away, Epping Forest not much further so really need to get out & use it more! :cool:

GTOutpost010.jpg

GTOutpost017.jpg

Notice the snapped brake lever which now need replacing (still usable)

Just joined as looking to restore my muddy fox, hoping to get out on it again once its all as it should be seeing as its been neglected in the garage the last 10+ yrs

current bike once sorted will be a muddy fox alu lite, previous to that I had a marin muirwoods, specialized stumpjumper, a giant boulder (i think), peugeot trail limited edition with a pink and black frame(did i get some stick for that in my teens!)

The Specialized was traded in for my muddy fox but still remember having to pay about another £300 for the muddy fox which was a yr old, which is probably why I've never got rid of it as it was my first expensive bike i'd had to pay for myself

Hi,

Found this place after searching for info about an Orange X2 that I've rescued and now nursing back to health!

I've also got a Trek 6500 hardtail and I also enjoy road riding on my 80's Raleigh Record Sprint!

Retro rules!

Hi,

I'm Chris.

Mildly addicted to Marins from the early to mid 1990's

Currently putting back together an neon yellow Muirwoods and a 1995 Bear Valley SE....

It's amazing what you find in the shed after 10 years away.....

Hi All,

I was directed to this site by another forum as I was asking questions about late eighties/early nineties Saracen bikes, one of which I own.

Hopefully I'll find the answer to my question here...

Hi my name is John I live in Walsall.I came across this site while looking for information about the Raleigh Mustang ATB in white and pink.I was looking to start riding again after many years.I had found this type of bike for sale on E-Bay locally.After doing some looking at the Retro rebuilds forums,I got the bike for £40 pounds.The bike needed a little care and attention,but it runs fine and I am enjoying riding along the canal towpaths which are close to me.I started to take up bike riding to help losing a few inches from around the waist.

Hello,

New to the forum. Looks a comprehensive place.

Bought myself a Marin Bear Valley MTB today.

Hoping to learn more about it on the forum.

See you on the forums.

n00b checking in

Hello all,it's nice to find this place.
Old time road biker,and one of the guys in the bike business in the early 80's in Marin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back