Amp Forks

Beaker

Retro Guru
I have some nice carbon legged forks. :cool:

But would like to fit them to other frames, who wouldn't they look mad!
The problem is the streerer tube which is pressed in is always too short.

Has anyone ever had one lengthened? or is this a stupid question. :shock:

Mme ME mE MME

I cannot remember where I seen this so what comes next may not be helpful but..........

You can get something that allows you to extent your steerer tube, similar to a quill stem converter, but that is strong enough to act as steerer tube for when the headtube of a frame is too long. The device comprises a tube that is the diameter of a 1&1/8th inch steerer tubes internal diameter. An expander bolt secures it in place and external shims bring it up to the external diameter, result a longer steerer tube.

All I can suggest is try google and ebay, they do exist and should solve the steerers length problem.

Cheers

amp still have steerers. i believe someone on here had one changed recently?

You will need somewhere with a press, as local bike shops might find this too hard to do, local engineering firms are your best bet.

sales@amp-research.com still do all the parts for AMP's, they're a good bunch to deal with too, no bullsh*t just honest good service.

Hmmm

You have my full attention now!

Don't really want to strip them down as they have just been re-built!
Bought them that way! May try the extender.

Has anyone used one?

Cheers ;)

i believe someone on here had one changed recently?

Me :D

I contacted AMP and they sent me one which came to £30 inc postage. Jonnyretro fitted it for me with his press. Top job. Contact me if you need any help on this.

Back