Oldschool but still in production

I would venture the Campagnolo road mechs (triple road front) would be as close to retro short cage mechs as you can get. Just use the old cable inner trick to make them Shimano compatible.

Stick Legs":2jseu72c said:
I would venture the Campagnolo road mechs (triple road front) would be as close to retro short cage mechs as you can get. Just use the old cable inner trick to make them Shimano compatible.

Or on the same vein, use Phil Wood campag hub with an Action Tec cassette (8 cogs spaced for campag 10 speed with spacers behind) mix with Pauls mounts and Shimano Ultergra 8 speed bar con shifters and Campag Ft and Rr 10 speed mechs. All that kit is in production currently and looks as retro as anything and works!

Zardoz31":2jseu72c said:
Just remember that Cook Bros still makes lovely crankset, with square connection
Unfortunately even though the Cooks website is still up they don't seem to be making anything anymore, it's just there to tease us!

pete_mcc wrote:
Unfortunately even though the Cooks website is still up they don't seem to be making anything anymore, it's just there to tease us!

Damn!

I remember that skewers from Salsa are still in production.

They also still make 1" quill stem.

Back