Klein Adroit Race

too small for you Kev....

But I think Project Jango's jump bike has just been born :roll:

Well I still wish I'd bought it - it was mainly the frame that you were buying really and it's still a lovely frame that's worth way more than you paid for the bike.

Interested that you say the top tube isn't as short as it looks - do you think it's just the fat tubes that make the bike look smaller than it really is? Go on, please put me out of my misery and tell me the seat tube length c-t?! I'm guessing 40cm.

[I don't use emoticons usually, but if there was a green with envy one, I'd make an exception on this occasion]

Anthony, I think the seattube is 14" c-c which makes it XS size I think. I'll measure it c-t for you later. It is surprisingly long though.

I must confess it's not really floating my boat, so it maybe available soon.

I feel I should build it up first though just so I can say I've owned/ridden a Klein!

I was going to go for this one but the seller never got back with close up pics and some details, I can see why now.

Just out of interest though....the ad stated rock shox but those are unlike any I have seen before and when asked the seller didnt reply.

So what are they?? :?

Looks like it says 'showa'??

I think rock shox did make a model by this name- I'm sure I can recall seeing a special anniversary Golden Showa.

I know-
GetYerCoat.jpg

The forks do indeed say SHOWA on them, I've heard of them but that's about it.

A lot of the great unwashed use 'Rockshox' as a generic name to describe any suspension fork..... :roll:

Anthony, it is indeed 40cm c-t.

Anyone got a 31.6 400mm seatpost going cheap?

jango":pg9zl02u said:

I actually knew this. It is right to show respect for Carsten and Archangel, who are great Klein gurus to be sure, but even they are only mortal flesh and blood and cannot contradict the Great God Arithmetic.

This is good news for you if you're going to sell it on, because according to the Klein website a seat tube of 40, horizontal top tube of 57.4 means a size S-M, not XS, and that must mean a higher market value.

For comparison, I have here a Lava Dome size 16 (st 40/tt 55.5) and a Kilauea size 17 (st 43/tt 57.5), both of which I love and I would say are on the small side of medium, but not tiny.

I don't like the sound of the bb shell, but I still think what you've got is worth a lot more than £150.

jango":3arc9ufw said:

A lot of the great unwashed use 'Rockshox' as a generic name to describe any suspension fork..... :roll:

Anyone got a 31.6 400mm seatpost going cheap?

how long is the head tube? if it is 90mm it's the XS but i stand corrected, it's more likely an S, 105mm or so head tube. i found a pic of an XS and it indeed looks even smaller. sorry, i'm not really into these newish Kleins ;)

186377-20.jpg

Carsten

jango":1mz4saeq said:

Showa forks were also used on the old Trek fully's like the 9200 and 9500. Looks nice back then.
But I don't know anything about this one.

Back