MOTOR CHAT

No probs sounds like a plan, I was only gonna stick them up the loft but I'll never read them again so better someone gets some use!

Thats an idea, i have quite a few old mags in my loft, some Classic car ones, mostly PPC, Retro cars etc you can have those too Rob if they are any use ;)

Have a stack of Custom car mags from 73-79 a mate gave me years ago, hanging on to those though, amazing amount of reading compared to todays mags, one has a road test on a new MK1 3.0 Granada, the journos drove it up the UK from London and all round Scotland :), about a four page write up and only two small black and white pics :LOL:

Bullpup":2dukvoou said:
jimihendrix":2dukvoou said:
Also bought this sexy vertical hydraulic handbrake :cool:, will be mounted angled as shown, these are not strictly road legal, will need a friendly MOT tester.

Can that be configured with adjustable bias and connected to the front brakes as well - you can then use it for everything from handbrake turns to burn outs!!

Na, it only works one way like a normal handbrake (just doesnt ratchet like one), also only plumbed into the rear line.

Could still fit a line lock to the fronts though :twisted:

I may have a Polo addiction :oops:

My scabby Genesis GT was needing a bit of work done after the harsh winter, mainly brakes, steering and repairing the remaining break in damage from last year, these cars are so cheap though (except G40's, nice GT's are creeping up in price too), i thought i'd look around for another to run about in while i did the work to the Genesis.

This 1990 Saloon turned up in Hamilton (bumpers off it at the moment).

loonsidefront.jpg

loonsiderear.jpg

Low mileage, tons of receipts, very solid and good condition inside and out, MOT'd and Taxed, £250 :), the catch is it has a running issue, the guy took the original motor out, put a GT motor in, used it for a couple of years, put the original engine back in to sell the GT motor and couldnt get it to run right, i bought it thinking it'd be a simple fix but has me beat :? , obviously something the guy has done but cant find it.

So, thought about breaking the Genesis for the GT engine, sticking the GT engine in the Saloon as it's in better condition than the Genesis, trouble is i'm quite fond of the wee scabby Genesis :roll:, it's an adorable wee thing :oops:

plaingrill.jpg

So i did what any rational, sensible person would do and bought another Polo GT :)

scrapgt.jpg

Was advertised for spares or repairs but it's really only suitable for spares, the shell is too bad :cry:, the sills have been trolley jacked to hell and badly plated/repaired.

Came with some usefull bits though, good GT running gear, a set of 14" BBS alloys, badgless grill, decent GT seats, smoked rear lights, GT badges etc.

Should be able to sell some bits off it too to get some money back :)

My first contribution to the motors thread - bought this a few weeks ago. 3.0 petrol V6 means it's great fun but hoorin thirsty!

DSC00100_edit0.jpg

Rumble":gpd78l5o said:
My first contribution to the motors thread - bought this a few weeks ago. 3.0 petrol V6 means it's great fun but hoorin thirsty!

DSC00100_edit0.jpg

Looks like a handy tool :cool:

Got the rear axle off the scrap PoloGT thisafternoon, recon the rear brakes may have had work done at some point :LOL:

SAM_0225.jpg

Back