1994 Parkpre Pro Image - havin' a makeover

coomber":1725k0zr said:
REKIBorter":1725k0zr said:
Weard. I went to get this bike out the garage this evening and the stem is loose.

:shock:

Arrgghhh
screaming.gif
I'm freaked out!!

About time I posted an update on this one. Cleaned and polished ready for Cannock at the weekend. A few small changes since the last spec sheet.

Roox stem
Roox bar ends
SDG Bel Air RL Ti saddle
OEM seat post
NOS Middleburn chainrings
Nobby Nics just for Cannock

Attachments

• Pro Image-w1024-h768.jpg
    Pro Image-w1024-h768.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 3,191
Having a makeover. First job strip it until it's naked.

Attachments

• SDC11698-w800-h600.jpg
    SDC11698-w800-h600.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,058
  • SDC11699-w800-h600.jpg
    SDC11699-w800-h600.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 3,058
Going to get the frame chrome powdercoated. Not sure if I should go for the plain silver or go for a fancy finish. They can do almost any combination of colours as a fade. Have carefuly removed the original Easton decal and chain stay protector. What do you think? Keep it silver or do something different?

What's chrome powder coating?
I would try something different, you could always strip it back in the future.
Maybe an up scale of the Parkpre colours?

Been thinking about this today. How about black chrome rear end fading (at the rear brake bosses) to silver chrome then fading back to black chrome (6" from the headtube) front? Will go with the silver and black components with the yellow judys as an accent.

That could work, reckon you could photoshop it to get the effect?

How about a yellow-red-black fade?

Wouldn't powdercoating chrome a well polished frame make it look not quite as good and heavier too? Bit pointless!
If it's very well polished surely anodising would be the way to go for a colour change.

I know my comments are late in the game but I think you did such a wonderful job restoring this Parkpre of yours. It is such a dream machine!!
It is nice to here that you owned it since new which is were you get your love for Parkpre's I bet. Like my own passion for Parkpre's from owning one since brand new in 93'.

I will love to acquire a Pro Image one of these days. Currently I am working on a 94' Al.U.Max. Though may never look as impressive as your builds REKIBorter.

Bryan
Parkpre Junkie from United States.

Back