Ebay: LOOK FOURNALES CARBON SUSPENSION FORKS

Hey Dan, I didn't noticed you posted, till now.

I am still in the works of the first stage but almooost done. I have Hope Mono Mini post mount caliper with 183mm Hope rotors, I shaped a flat plate of stainless steel to mate the Fournales ISO to a +20 post to IS adaptor. This keeps easily keeps the caliper lined up with rotor. Seems like the simpliest, strongest solution. I will get pics up when I try my new Colbalt drill bits to punch some holes in this stainless steel.

As for stage 2, after shape, hole alignment and all other measurements are true, I am looking a creating the simple flat plate with a bend to rid of the post to IS adaptor. This will be a one piece adaptor, like the A2Z AD-PMR, in shape.

Stage 3, I take to a machine shop using billet aluminum to lighten this design. Of coarse it will be thicker but needed measurements will all be set.

Lots of work but I dare not risk grinding down the Fournales adaptor. Talk soon.

Re:

To resurrect a very old thread... did anyone successfully produce a disc adapter for the fournales forks, or anyone have one they would be willing to part with?

Else will be some design effort to expend on getting some made.... thanks in advance!

Re:

I don't think anyone made an ISO disc adapter, either at the time, or more recently.

I do have a CAD model of the pte-ISO Fournales one, and an ISO corrected, one if you want, but they would require some serious machining.

Alternatively, maybe it could be converted to something more simple, using the Look Fournales specific dimensions and tacking on ISO, PM or FM fittings?

All the best,

I did make a CAD file for a PM version of the Fournales adapter, then 3-D printed it in plastic to check the CAD vs. real world hub and disc setup (Magura Martha PM caliper) and it worked well. By the time I got around to have it CNC milled I managed to source and original disc adapter so I didn't go through with having a machine shop mill this for me (but the CAD is still around).

Re:

Thats great and I’m just waiting to see if I can get hold of a an original adapter. There is a guy who posted up one to sell just before Xmas and some forks so will see. The forks I have (winging there way to me..) are vt34 10m. No idea what that means as google said no. Can you shed any light?

Re:

Bear with me... I’m rapidly getting up to speed all things mtb, as I build a little project for mostly aesthetics. As I understand it iso was the original disc mount standard, and I want to fit my existing hope c2. Presumably the adapter which was either sold with or could be ordered would be to this standard?

iso was the original disc mount standard,
Unfortunately not...it was the original STANDARD, but there were plenty of other systems around before.

ISO was a development from the previous system, which Fournales used.
The hole position in relation to the axle axis is the same, but ISO has a 4mm offset outwards from the inner face of the dropout. The earlier system on the Fournales has the inner face of the caliper mount on the same plane as the dropout.

Consequently, to use an ISO standard caliper on the Fournales, 4mm needs to be removed from the inner face of the disc fitting/ This does not leave much material.

Also, the lower inner corner of the Fournales unit will foul the rotor bolt heads, unless it is chamfered back for clearance:

I have STEP and STL files for the ISO adjusted fitting, but would probably need to be machined, not printed, unless you have a very cheap source for 3D metal printing.

All the best,

Attachments

• IMG_7856.jpg
    IMG_7856.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_7857.jpg
    IMG_7857.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_7903 (Small).jpg
    IMG_7903 (Small).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 685
  • untitled (Small).jpg
    untitled (Small).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 685
  • IMAG4136.jpg
    IMAG4136.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 685
Thats a jeeeez moment. Think I'll go towards a gucci set of rim brakes with the Fournales bike. So would say a set of Hope C2 work on an ISO bracket?
Seems to be quiet expensive knock up 3D prints in more exotic materials. I was attempting to get some frame protection parts made for a motorcycle in thermoplastics but very expensive for short runs.

An additional fournales question...as I would like to recondition and rebuild. Is there a good resource for exploded parts diagrams etc?

These posts live on in perpetuity so will save someone else from stressing one day.

Back