DBR Something?

David633

Dirt Disciple
Just picked this up yesterday. Haven't even cleaned it at all. I know nothing about DBR, just figured it was a good deal for $85 (about 50GBP I guess?) I have no clue what model or year it is- any help? Shimano XT cranks, V-brakes (but a canti hanger on the frame), front derailleur. XTR levers. SRAM Plasma shifters and Neos rear derailleur. Judy SL fork. Here're some pics.
IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

The M739 kit is from 1997, except the brakes were available for 96. The Judy SL is a 97, but the canti bridge dates the frame more to 96/earlier.

Does the seat tube sticker say Easton Program?

Cool, thanks for clearing up the model jango! I guess the bike was built up in '97. The tubing sticker says "DBR Designed 7005 Aluminum Double-Butted Oversize Tubing."
How should I go about polishing the frame?

Bargain!

lots of threads on here about polishing - just do a search and something will come up... 1200 grit wet and dry, Autosol, polishing wheels on drills... lots of options and no way of avoiding lots of hard work.

I used autosol on mine as it was a bit of a state when I got it, I think there are kinder less aggressive polishes that others can recommend if you do a search.

Back