Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Had this frame for over a year now and finally decided to build it up. The frame is a late WTR (95 or 96??) with a 1 1/8" headset and is built from tange ultimate. The details would point to it being a joule but the stickers say wtr and that name has a lot of history so I'm happy to leave it as such.

After toying with the idea of a full on trick build decided to stick on the full(ish) 8 speed XT kit I had about along with some spare SIDS and get it sorted to RIDE.

See what you think.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

First test ride tomorrow :cool:

Pretty functional, will be interested to see how it rides.
Always find KORE stems a bit full on too.

Nice though, you have been busy!

purplewicked":1js755mq said:
i am pretty sure that's a joule.

you're probably right. As long as it's a Goat who cares? For what it's worth first flight have a late wtr in their listing with a 1 1/8" headtube made of ultimate. Make of that what you will.

Anyhow rides nice.

Now the stem has been mentioned it does grate a little. Will have to source a similar syncros. That ok with the style police ;)

could be right about the fat stem on skinny tubes. But what do i know. I have fat fat frame with skinny forks with skinny 1.5 tyres on the front :roll: :LOL:
I'm not sure about the white seat? But then i have a problem with any colour apart from black seats. :roll:
Would be nice to see a day time picture :D

Back