1995 smokestone ss0064

:cool: Thanks ,its looking like this maybe the start of a rebuild thread :roll:
Ive had it about 6 years and its always been scruffy and I kept putting it off to re do the frame until kaya showed me his zaskar fleshly polished and very nice too ,that was the urge ;) but also since then I've had the idea I want to paint it black with mostly blue and silver build and a dash of purple , reason is the gt,s about a 91, mines a 95 so I don't think it suits ,IMHO :D

im going to make some enquiries into having it re burnished i cant give in to paint yet, ive started down the european route with this except the gears which im going for suntour/m900,
wheels blue hope silver 217 sup
blue xlite fly stem
polished xlite bars
middleburns hardcoatslickshifts blue/3dv bolts
rc35 mxcd rebound
hs11's polished
various 3dv bolts
time carbon pedals
IMAG0359.jpg

just need a british/french 1"1/4 headset and some fancy xlite skewers
IMAG0361.jpg

the reasons for the colours is the frame has 2 billet dropouts in blue and
2 3dv mounts for the brakes these are part of the original frame so they wont be changed
IMAG0360.jpg

its just down to getting the frame sorted and i can start the build
;)

Wow

Totally love that bike!

Looks great!

I think that coating must be annodising too, got to be or you'd have sanded it/nitromorsed it off

But if you use the right chemical, it is surprisingly easy to get rid of

I did a build where I de-anodised the rims on my bike

Take a look here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=15

You obviously need to be careful and you would need to take EVERYTHING off your frame...

well thats it I quit for now that is ,its etch primered and spot primered its going gloss black,
I had thought of powder coat but when/if I do get around to having it reburnished I figured wet coat would be easyer to remove. I would like to have it built for the 3tribes meet at weekend but its a bit of an extreme shake down so ,,,, to be continued
IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

well its been painted today and it looks amazing :shock: its soooo shiny ,I sanded down the primer with 800 grade paper and then marc the painter gave it 3 coats of vw black and 3 coats of clear laquer :cool: happy times cheers mark
IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0673.jpg

IMAG0674.jpg

now the build hurray,
Lee.

Back